Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
learner7
Helper I
Helper I

Edit Item 'Save' is not working

Hello Community,

I have SharePoint Customize form in PowerApps. When user edits the form and click 'Save' on the form. It does nothing. Neither it gives any error nor Save the changes, and edit form remains open until user click the 'Cancel'. New form is working fine. We are only having issue with Edit form. Even Edit was working earlier and it recently stopped saving the edits.

After reading the community post, I tried to add Refresh('SharePoint Datasource') on form  'OnSuccess' property. But it didn't help. 

I would appreciate any help on it.  

11 REPLIES 11
Drrickryp
Super User
Super User

@learner7 

What is the OnSelect property of your save button and what is the OnSuccess property of your form?  Go to SharePoint and check out all of the columns in your list to see if any of them are "required".  If so, modify them back to not required.  In particular, check out the Title column, If you have renamed it to repurpose it, it is likely the problem. As you have discovered, Refresh() won't do anything. 

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@learner7 

I believe you might not have a separate Save button and are relying on the Save button that is at the top of your customized form.

If that is the case, then you need to look at the OnSave action of the SharePointIntegration object in your app.  What is it set to?

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

@Drrickryp 

I checked SharePoint list. There is only one field required on SharePoint list that I am filling every time. If I change it back to not required. Will it have any impacts on the application? My application is in production and I don't have a copy of the form in test server.

I don't have Save button on form. It is a SharePoint customize Form that has Save on the top of the form (like SharePoint default form). I have only one form for Edit, New and View.

Following are the property on Form

On Success form property: ResetForm(SharePointForm1); RequestHide()

DefaultMode:  Edit

SharePoint Integration  OnSave Property : Submitform(SharePointForm1)

@RandyHayes 

You are correct, I don't have separate Save button. 

SharePoint Integration  OnSave Property : Submitform(SharePointForm1).

Form is showing weird behavior. If user edits first time. It does save changes and if you make more edits, nothing happens on Save. Form reset back to previous changes. Sometimes gives an error that "There was a problem saving your changes. The data source may be invalid"

Any suggestions please. Save is still not working on edit.

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@learner7 

You have something that is causing an error in your form.  

What happens if you open an item, then go to edit, then save (no changes made)?  Do you get the error?

Or, does it only happen if you edit (change something) an item?

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

@RandyHayes 

I tried to open an item ->go to Edit -> Save

Nothing happened. Form stays open and no error.

I have also changed all required fields to not required on form and SharePoint list. But nothing helped.

It happens on edit form only.

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@learner7 

What is in the OnSuccess of the SharePointForm1 ?

You should have a RequestHide() somewhere...

@RandyHayes 

Form On Success prroperty: ResetForm(SharePointForm1); RequestHide()

I did try Refresh('SharePointList') as well on Success form property. But it didn't make any difference. 

When I first time edit the item from the list. Form does save changes on the list and closes. But when you edit the same item second time. Save doesn't do anything.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,019)