Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
learner7
Helper I
Helper I

Edit Item 'Save' is not working

Hello Community,

I have SharePoint Customize form in PowerApps. When user edits the form and click 'Save' on the form. It does nothing. Neither it gives any error nor Save the changes, and edit form remains open until user click the 'Cancel'. New form is working fine. We are only having issue with Edit form. Even Edit was working earlier and it recently stopped saving the edits.

After reading the community post, I tried to add Refresh('SharePoint Datasource') on form  'OnSuccess' property. But it didn't help. 

I would appreciate any help on it.  

11 REPLIES 11
RandyHayes
Super User III
Super User III

@learner7 

Thanks for the information and apologies that I see you DID supply that information in message #4

A couple more things to try:

1) Put a formula in the OnFailure : UpdateContext({lclRes: "Fail"})

2) Add this to your OnSuccess: UpdateContext({lclRes: "Pass"})

4) Add a label to your screen and set the Text property to : lclRes

5) Set the OnSelect of the test label to : UpdateContext({lclRes:Blank()})

Try the steps again and see what the results are.  You can click on the label to reset it in case you need to perform the SubmitForm several times.

Let's start with that and see if the form is even submitting or failing.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

@RandyHayes  Thank you for providing the pointers. Form was failing on Save without any error.

We found the root cause of the issue. The problem was lookup threshold. I replaced few choice columns to single line of text that helped in resolving the issue. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza Winner Announcement

Please join us on Wednesday, July 21st at 8a PDT. We will be announcing the Winners of the Demo Extravaganza!

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,020)