Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper V
Helper V

Edit Mode Issues

Hi Guys, hope your all well. 

Quick question. I have been working on an app for the last few months without issue. Recently I signed back in just as normal and although there are no error codes in the formula many things are not working as they did before (in edit mode)

The app seems to think it's not connected with OnSelect functions not working even though there are no errors in the formulas. This applies to the Edit mode and preview mode. However when I select (play) from my app list or use the latest published version on my test device it works. This issue is specific to this app as all my others work as normal. 

I spent several hours re-entering the formulas which removed a lot of these issues but this morning I opened it up and they were all back. 

The attached image shows a function I included that if an app loses connection this image becomes visible. I shouldn't be visible during editing. 

Can anyone suggest a fix on this? As I would really like to avoid building this again from the ground up. 

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: Edit Mode Issues

Have you tried saving the App locally as a .msapp and then using the Open>Browse function from create.powerapps.com to open the local file? Do you get the same issues when opening it that way?

@iAm_ManCat

Please 'Mark as Solution' if someone's post answered your question and always 'Thumbs Up' the posts you like or that helped you!

Thanks!
You and everyone else in the community make it the awesome and welcoming place it is, keep your questions coming and make sure to 'like' anything that makes you 'Appy
Sancho Harker, MVP

Highlighted
Helper V
Helper V

Hey, thanks for picking this up. I tried exporting and opening as advised but I still have the same issue. 

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Have you tried turning off the new formula experience in the App settings and see if it's still doing it?

@iAm_ManCat

Please 'Mark as Solution' if someone's post answered your question and always 'Thumbs Up' the posts you like or that helped you!

Thanks!
You and everyone else in the community make it the awesome and welcoming place it is, keep your questions coming and make sure to 'like' anything that makes you 'Appy
Sancho Harker, MVP

Highlighted
Helper V
Helper V

Turned everything off, saved, restarted and the issue is still there. It's really strange as some screens work as normal and others seem to be broken. It would make more sense if the issue was consistent throughout the entire app but it's not. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

This will be a conference that you do not want to miss!

secondImage

New Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

August 2020 CYST Challenge

Check out the winners of the recent 'Can You Solve These?' community challenge!

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Apps features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,651)