cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Edit Power App from Power BI Desktop

Hi there

I've built my Power BI desktop report and built the Power App using the Power App Visual. Everything has integrated as it should.

The problem im having is that when I want to edit the app its not allowing me to do this from Power BI desktop. When I go to edit it from PBI desktop there is no data showing in Power Apps. Is this normal and is the only way I can edit the app so it correctly integrates with Power BI is from the Published Power BI report.

Hope someone can help.

Many thanks

Karen

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Re: Edit Power App from Power BI Desktop

Hello @KarenF 

Check the below link on the configuration part ::
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/powerapps-custom-visual

The below link will explain on the data access in Power BI::
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/connect-data/desktop-enter-data-directly-into-desktop

If the above all looks good at your end, share me the screenshots with brief note on what exactly is your requirement to help further. But the above links will give you more inputs .

Thanks

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Edit Power App from Power BI Desktop

HI there

Thanks for getting back to me.

Thats great ill take a look at the links and any further probs ill get back to you. If all OK ill mark as solution

Kind regards

Karen

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

New Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

August 2020 CYST Challenge

Check out the winners of the recent 'Can You Solve These?' community challenge!

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Apps features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,836)