cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Canadiansal
Helper V
Helper V

Edit Records

I have an App with a Gallery and a Form Side by Side - on the same screen. Like this:

Canadiansal_0-1612752948473.png

Currently, when I select a record, I have the form display the selected record. The users edit the record and it creates a COPY in the SP list. So they do this for every record and hit 'Submit' every time. Typically, the gallery will have about 10 records. I have a flag in the Gallery that indicates when a record has been updated - based on a Collection linked to the 'Submit' button on the form.

Rather than editing and submitting one record at a time, is there a way that the users can edit multiple records directly in the Gallery (or somewhere else) and hit submit once? I know this has something to do with a Collection, but I am not sure how to work with my requirement that the edited record does not overwrite the original, it has to create a new record in the list. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-qiaqi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi@Canadiansal,

Based on the issue that you mentioned, do you want to edit multiple records at a time and save as new records?

Could you please share a bit more about the scenario?

I have a test on my side, please take a try as below.

In my scenario, I have a SP list to fill in the Gallery.

ggg.png

1).Add a blank Gallery and insert TextInput controls as you want.

2).Insert an edit icon and set the OnSelect as below:

Set(varEditMode,ThisItem.ID)

3).Set DisplayMode property of each TextInput as below:

If(varEditMode=ThisItem.ID,Edit,View)

4).Insert Checkbox and set OnCheck as below:

Collect(ColGallery,{Title:TextInput3.Text,Weather:TextInput4.Text,Activity:TextInput6.Text})

5).Add a Save button and set OnSelect as below:

ForAll(ColGallery,Patch(EditGallery,Defaults(EditGallery),{Title:Title,Weather:Weather,Activity:Activity}));Clear(ColGallery)

Every time after you click the edit icon, please remember to check the checkbox, it will collect all the items you want to save as new records into a collection. And then, you click the button to save the collection to the data source.

GIF007.gif

Regards,

Qi

Best Regards,
Qi

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
eka24
Super User
Super User

Follow this tutorial from Reza Dorrani

https://youtu.be/8I0Pt_8I6k8

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

v-qiaqi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi@Canadiansal,

Based on the issue that you mentioned, do you want to edit multiple records at a time and save as new records?

Could you please share a bit more about the scenario?

I have a test on my side, please take a try as below.

In my scenario, I have a SP list to fill in the Gallery.

ggg.png

1).Add a blank Gallery and insert TextInput controls as you want.

2).Insert an edit icon and set the OnSelect as below:

Set(varEditMode,ThisItem.ID)

3).Set DisplayMode property of each TextInput as below:

If(varEditMode=ThisItem.ID,Edit,View)

4).Insert Checkbox and set OnCheck as below:

Collect(ColGallery,{Title:TextInput3.Text,Weather:TextInput4.Text,Activity:TextInput6.Text})

5).Add a Save button and set OnSelect as below:

ForAll(ColGallery,Patch(EditGallery,Defaults(EditGallery),{Title:Title,Weather:Weather,Activity:Activity}));Clear(ColGallery)

Every time after you click the edit icon, please remember to check the checkbox, it will collect all the items you want to save as new records into a collection. And then, you click the button to save the collection to the data source.

GIF007.gif

Regards,

Qi

Best Regards,
Qi

Thank you - this looks like it might work. I am not sure how to populate the Blank Gallery. What values do I need to set for the TextBox?

Canadiansal_0-1612839978169.png

Hi@Canadiansal,

You just need to populate the TextInput with the SP list.

Set the first TextInput Default property:

ThisItem.Column1

Repeat the above formula for the left TextInput to display other column values.

Regards,

Qi

Best Regards,
Qi
Canadiansal
Helper V
Helper V

Do I need to set any other property in the Galery. Still getting erors.

Canadiansal_0-1612843393479.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

June User Group Leader Call

Join us on June 28 for our monthly User Group leader call!

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,426)