Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Edit Screen - DropDown

Hello,

I have a gallery that when clicking on the "Arrow" it takes me to an edit screen.

This edit screen has a few dropdowns where i get options to be selected from a Sharepoint List.

For example, my function Item has the formula:

Distinct('SharePointList';Collumn)

My Default Function is empty.

My problem is that every time i go to edit screen there are some fixed values in the dropdowns that are not the ones from the Item i have select. So imagine that my Item has a field value equals "MyField2", but in my edit screen it shows always "MyField1", then if the user saves the edit screen it changes this value incorrectly.

What i need is to be able to go to edit screen and in the dropdown the data displayed is from the select item. Besides i need the dropdowns options in case the user changes this value.

If someone could help me i would appreciate.

Best regards,

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

Re: Edit Screen - DropDown

Hi, try doing this

onselect property of arrow give => select(parent)

then in the item property of form give => gallery. selected  

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@RodrigoCastelli 

You will need to set the default property on your control to do this.  If it is empty, then it will just show what was there before.

IF these are truly Dropdown controls (and not CobmoBoxes), then you can first make sure that the Default property of your DataCard is still set to ThisItem.yourColumnName and then set the Default property of the Dropdown to Parent.Default

This assumes that your column is a Text column.  If it is some other type of column like a choice column, then there is more to do, but since you mentioned Dropdowns, I will assume they are text based dropdowns.

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

Hi, try doing this

onselect property of arrow give => select(parent)

then in the item property of form give => gallery. selected  

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@RodrigoCastelli 

You will need to set the default property on your control to do this.  If it is empty, then it will just show what was there before.

IF these are truly Dropdown controls (and not CobmoBoxes), then you can first make sure that the Default property of your DataCard is still set to ThisItem.yourColumnName and then set the Default property of the Dropdown to Parent.Default

This assumes that your column is a Text column.  If it is some other type of column like a choice column, then there is more to do, but since you mentioned Dropdowns, I will assume they are text based dropdowns.

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Hi @RandyHayes  and @Krishna98 ,

My problem was in the SharePoint List.

It was not set as text. After solving it the dropdown is working perfectly setting his Default Property as mentioned.

Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,732)