cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gizmovk
Frequent Visitor

Edit/View form

I have an application that in one screen show data table of e.g. contracts. I can select one contract and go to the details screen with the view form of last selected item on the data table.

I can edit that form, but after successfully submitting and navigating back() or even Navigate(DetailScreen) the data in the ViewForm is from the first contract ever submited and not from the last selected from the data dable.

Is there way to avoid that and to show me the details of the contract i have edited last?

Also, every field in the EditForm updates fields in the DetailForm except for the drop down menu. After changing the drop down menu it does not show new value in the detail screen, but after i go to EditForm for the same item, the default value of the drop down is the last thing i selected during the previous edit.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Silvester
Super User
Super User

Hi @gizmovk 
That should normally work, unless we are missing something.
another quick fix, on the OnSelect property of the contract,

Set(VarContract, ThisItem)

Then on the Item property of the EditForm,

VarContract

This will load the selected contract anytime.
Accept this as a solution if it works for you.

Did you like my post? Please give it a thumbs up! Did I resolve your issue? Please click Accept as Solution to close the thread and so other members of the community can find it easily.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Silvester
Super User
Super User

Hi @gizmovk 
That should normally work, unless we are missing something.
another quick fix, on the OnSelect property of the contract,

Set(VarContract, ThisItem)

Then on the Item property of the EditForm,

VarContract

This will load the selected contract anytime.
Accept this as a solution if it works for you.

Did you like my post? Please give it a thumbs up! Did I resolve your issue? Please click Accept as Solution to close the thread and so other members of the community can find it easily.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Super User 2 - 2022 Congratulations

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022 - Season 2 has kicked off!

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Users online (3,284)