cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sajarac
Level 8

Edit a record based on a user

Hello there, I am looking for an advice:

Here is my issue, I have an app which is basically a daily report, this report is like a sbumision form and I have 3 buttons one per person, so at the end in my one drive I have a table with all of the record. but now I need to add a gallery to edit any submitted record. but I want that gallery only show the items that the person added.  For instance:

Supervisor 1 = username.()fullname

and maybe add another button "Edit" with the onselect property = if current user is = botton1, then show the gallery in edit mode only their records.

Or maybe any other way easier?

Capture1.PNGCapture2.PNG

thanks in advance

Regards

3 REPLIES 3
Power Apps Staff Reza
Power Apps Staff

Re: Edit a record based on a user

Have you tried the User().FullName function? You can pass the full name when you create a record, and then in your filter, use the same function and filter your date.

Filter(DataSourceName, username = User.FullName)

sajarac
Level 8

Thank you very much for your prompt reply, I will try that one, this filter should be applied in a gallery control or in a form edit?

Bacause in a gallery control I can see mine records in a list and I would like to switch using a navigation bar, and in a form edit I can not see anything

sajarac
Level 8

Hi quick question, how can I incorporate the user formula into my gallery which is supposed to be filtered based on the current user:

SortByColumns(Search(TCandA, TextSearchBox1.Text, "Assessor","Country","Date"), "Assessor", If(SortDescending1, Descending, Ascending))

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,375)