Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

Edit a record based on a user

Hello there, I am looking for an advice:

Here is my issue, I have an app which is basically a daily report, this report is like a sbumision form and I have 3 buttons one per person, so at the end in my one drive I have a table with all of the record. but now I need to add a gallery to edit any submitted record. but I want that gallery only show the items that the person added.  For instance:

Supervisor 1 = username.()fullname

and maybe add another button "Edit" with the onselect property = if current user is = botton1, then show the gallery in edit mode only their records.

Or maybe any other way easier?

Capture1.PNGCapture2.PNG

thanks in advance

Regards

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Power Apps
Power Apps

Re: Edit a record based on a user

Have you tried the User().FullName function? You can pass the full name when you create a record, and then in your filter, use the same function and filter your date.

Filter(DataSourceName, username = User.FullName)

Highlighted
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

Thank you very much for your prompt reply, I will try that one, this filter should be applied in a gallery control or in a form edit?

Bacause in a gallery control I can see mine records in a list and I would like to switch using a navigation bar, and in a form edit I can not see anything

Highlighted
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

Hi quick question, how can I incorporate the user formula into my gallery which is supposed to be filtered based on the current user:

SortByColumns(Search(TCandA, TextSearchBox1.Text, "Assessor","Country","Date"), "Assessor", If(SortDescending1, Descending, Ascending))

Helpful resources

Announcements
Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're excited to announce our first cross-community 'Can You Solve These?' challenge!

secondImage

Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

secondImage

Super Users Coming in August

We are excited for the next Super User season.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,782)