Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vsolanon
Helper III
Helper III

Edit and save only selected item in Gallery

Hello,

I have a Gallery "GalleryAssignment" which displayed the information stored in a SharePoint List "Assignment". Inside the Gallery I have manually include Labels, Drop Downs and Date Picker which are connected to the SharePoint list. The user can select an assignment within the Gallery and edit and save the information.

-The edit button appears by default on every row in the Gallery and when it is selected, a Save button is displayed (it is invisible until the edit button is selected).

-The information within the Gallery (Labels, Drop Downs and Date Picker) initially is shown as View Mode, and when the edit button is selected, the Display-Mode turn to Edit.

I have not been able to achieve that  only the line item selected to be edited in the Gallery is changed to Edit Mode (DisplayMode. Edit) while the other records still shown as View Mode.

Any suggestion is much appreciated!

12 REPLIES 12

I followed this and worked like a charm. Thanks very much, opened my eyes for more such concepts.

After click save data not save in SharePoint, what i can do?

My gallery has already some code in it

Gallery1.Selected

Can I add this line to the suggestion: 

AddColumns('SP list',"EditMode",DisplayMode.Edit,"ViewMode",DisplayMode.View)

Not sure how to do it with the proper syntax.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,684)