prady
Regular Visitor

Edit field list not appearing in the customize form

I'm new to PowerApps -self learning.  Below is the sequence I'm trying

-  A simple list as Region, Country in SharePoint list,

-  then clicked on the customer form in PowerApps

- Power Apps studio window opens

- on the right pane - client on edit fields

- pops window but here I see only " + Add Field"  and under that it should show up the other field columns  ( this isn't appearing).

see the sample snapshot attached.

Thanks for your help

14 REPLIES 14
Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

When you click the Add a Field button you should see a new dialog with any additional fields in the list and checkboxes to select them.  Are there any other fields?  It looks like you've already added the main fields you added to the list.

image.png

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
kbilakanti
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hi @prady 

As per your query and the attached screenshot, you want to see additional fields that exist in sharepoint list in PowerApps which you aren't able to see currently. I have created a sample list with same set of fields and when you click on "+Add Field" button you can see all the fields that exist as part of your sharepoint list.  Below is the screenshot for the same.

kbilakanti_0-1601645850871.png

Please mark this post as solution if it addresses your problem.

Thanks for the prompt response. I'm not able to see those fields under + Add Field" as in you example you see Title, Country , Region, but in my example when I click the + Add field" it reflects all fields available in the list when selected it appears on the form not on the pane below + Add Field. This one is needed as from here on I have to follow further steps to get my cascading dropdown options. I've attached another example of mine for your review.

Please help (see the marked yellow part) In this section the 2 fields gap category / gaps should reflect.

Hi @prady ,

Can you try removing the list from power apps and add it once again and try.

Thanks. sorry to ask this silly question, if you guide me the steps for same. or any documented article of Microsoft to do this.

I will try and let you know.

Hi @prady ,

1. Navigate to Data Sources 

kbilakanti_0-1601647648178.png

2. Select your List and click on three dots(...) right to the List and Remove the list and try to add the list once again.

kbilakanti_1-1601653845679.png

I tried removing the list and adding it again. but in vain. There is no option of that showing. Alternatively separate form created for cascading drop down options in PowerApps but how to link it to the my main List.

So summary as follows

Main Issue

1. From "Main list" from SharePoint --  - Click on the customize form --> not able to see the required columns

Alternately Solution

1.. Created a drop down from with cascading option- sourced the date for options from a List named " Sources", now how to link this output or patch or apply  it on my primary list i.e. "Main"

Please hep

I tried removing the list and adding it again. but in vain. There is no option of that showing. Alternatively separate form created for cascading drop down options in PowerApps but how to link it to the my main List.

So summary as follows

Main Issue

1. From "Main list" from SharePoint --  - Click on the customize form --> not able to see the required columns

Alternately Solution

1.. Created a drop down from with cascading option- sourced the date for options from a List named " Sources", now how to link this output or patch it on my primary list i.e. "Main"

Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Are you saying the columns you want to see are in a different list?  If they are then they won't show up in the main list when trying to customize the form.  To use columns from a different list entirely you need to access them programmatically by adding a connection and using a Lookup or something similar in a control you add to the integrated form.  The fields that show up in the form by default all come from the main list.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (1,373)