prady
Regular Visitor

Edit field list not appearing in the customize form

I'm new to PowerApps -self learning.  Below is the sequence I'm trying

-  A simple list as Region, Country in SharePoint list,

-  then clicked on the customer form in PowerApps

- Power Apps studio window opens

- on the right pane - client on edit fields

- pops window but here I see only " + Add Field"  and under that it should show up the other field columns  ( this isn't appearing).

see the sample snapshot attached.

Thanks for your help

14 REPLIES 14
prady
Regular Visitor

1. Created a list called " Main" with column Gap Category and Gap Reason ( single line of text)

2. Created a another list (under same site) " Source"  with columns as Gap Category and Gap Reason. In this I added all data example below
Gap Category     Gap Reason
ABC                     LL          
ABC                     EO
XYZ                     IO
XYZ                      HK

What I want to achieve

In My primary List " Main"  - the new entry form should display Under
Gap Category  - All unique values from another list "Source"  Column name Gap Category
Gap Reason  - Should display associated items corresponding to the Text selected as " Gap Category" 

Example in above case
Under Gap Category -> it will display options ABC and XYZ
If I select ABC then under Gap Reason - it should display options "LL" & "EO"

What I tried so far.
Opton 1:
A] From the SharePoint list i.e. " Main"   ---> clicked on Customize forms
B] IT options up PowerApps form -- > but it doesn't display the required options below Field options

(refer to attached docu Opton 1 error ) - hence unable to proceed..

Opton 2:
A. From Powerapps created a form --> added two dropdown options in the form as  GAP Categor & GAP Reason
B. Successfully Linked Gap Category to source data from the list " Source"
Formula -- Distinct('Source',Gap Category)
C. For Gap Reason --> Used following formula
Filter('Source", Gap Category=Dropdown1.SelectedText.Value). This gives us options based on selection from Gap Category.

What next?
- Then I need to apply this output/patch it on my List " Main" : How to proceed ?

My Query.
Please guide me next steps
Option 1 - How to get those fileds displayed ?

prady
Regular Visitor

Re posting the last section of the query.

My Query.
Please guide me next steps
Option 1 - How to get those fileds displayed ?
Options 2- How to apply the output on the list ?
Option 3 - Any other method I can try to achieve the output i.e the cascading drowpdown options. Appreciate if you can share some related article url / links to achieve this.

Thank you. Please help

prady
Regular Visitor

Hello Team  -Please help me on my query ...

Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Option 1 - How to get those fileds displayed ? - Add another Data Source and use a Lookup
Options 2- How to apply the output on the list ? - Don't use SubmitForm since you can't bind to two lists.  Instead you'll need to create a Patch statement that saves the record.
Option 3 - Any other method I can try to achieve the output i.e the cascading drowpdown options. Appreciate if you can share some related article url / links to achieve this.  Take a look at these videos.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=shane+young+cascading+dropdown&docid=608034680668556405&mid=13A...

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=shane+young+cascading+dropdown&docid=608044125259236510&mid=E4C...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
prady
Regular Visitor

thanks.

Option 1 - How to get those fileds displayed ? - Add another Data Source and use a Lookup

- this gives you a dropdown option not cascading.
Options 2- How to apply the output on the list ? - Don't use SubmitForm since you can't bind to two lists.  Instead you'll need to create a Patch statement that saves the record.

- Not sure if I understood this correct. I 'want to achieve this

Example

A.  )  Ive this list name " Main" which contains following

Source, customer name, store id , product name , product fault, Gap category  Gap Reason

B)   I could successful  Cascading Dropdown App  for GAP Category / Gap Reason - separate app.

(took source information from "Gaps-source" list which contains data for Gap category and associated gap reason) 

Requirement : how to now integrate or patch Cascading dropdown Power app  to my Main List ( for Gap Category / Gap Reason)

Option 3 - Any other method I can try to achieve the output i.e the cascading drowpdown options. Appreciate if you can share some related article url / links to achieve this.  Take a look at these videos.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=shane+young+cascading+dropdown&docid=608034680668556405&mid=13A...

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=shane+young+cascading+dropdown&docid=608044125259236510&mid=E4C...

Checking above videos.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Users online (1,237)