prady
Regular Visitor

Edit field list not appearing in the customize form

I'm new to PowerApps -self learning.  Below is the sequence I'm trying

-  A simple list as Region, Country in SharePoint list,

-  then clicked on the customer form in PowerApps

- Power Apps studio window opens

- on the right pane - client on edit fields

- pops window but here I see only " + Add Field"  and under that it should show up the other field columns  ( this isn't appearing).

see the sample snapshot attached.

Thanks for your help

14 REPLIES 14
prady
Regular Visitor

1. Created a list called " Main" with column Gap Category and Gap Reason ( single line of text)

2. Created a another list (under same site) " Source"  with columns as Gap Category and Gap Reason. In this I added all data example below
Gap Category     Gap Reason
ABC                     LL          
ABC                     EO
XYZ                     IO
XYZ                      HK

What I want to achieve

In My primary List " Main"  - the new entry form should display Under
Gap Category  - All unique values from another list "Source"  Column name Gap Category
Gap Reason  - Should display associated items corresponding to the Text selected as " Gap Category" 

Example in above case
Under Gap Category -> it will display options ABC and XYZ
If I select ABC then under Gap Reason - it should display options "LL" & "EO"

What I tried so far.
Opton 1:
A] From the SharePoint list i.e. " Main"   ---> clicked on Customize forms
B] IT options up PowerApps form -- > but it doesn't display the required options below Field options

(refer to attached docu Opton 1 error ) - hence unable to proceed..

Opton 2:
A. From Powerapps created a form --> added two dropdown options in the form as  GAP Categor & GAP Reason
B. Successfully Linked Gap Category to source data from the list " Source"
Formula -- Distinct('Source',Gap Category)
C. For Gap Reason --> Used following formula
Filter('Source", Gap Category=Dropdown1.SelectedText.Value). This gives us options based on selection from Gap Category.

What next?
- Then I need to apply this output/patch it on my List " Main" : How to proceed ?

My Query.
Please guide me next steps
Option 1 - How to get those fileds displayed ?

prady
Regular Visitor

Re posting the last section of the query.

My Query.
Please guide me next steps
Option 1 - How to get those fileds displayed ?
Options 2- How to apply the output on the list ?
Option 3 - Any other method I can try to achieve the output i.e the cascading drowpdown options. Appreciate if you can share some related article url / links to achieve this.

Thank you. Please help

prady
Regular Visitor

Hello Team  -Please help me on my query ...

Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Option 1 - How to get those fileds displayed ? - Add another Data Source and use a Lookup
Options 2- How to apply the output on the list ? - Don't use SubmitForm since you can't bind to two lists.  Instead you'll need to create a Patch statement that saves the record.
Option 3 - Any other method I can try to achieve the output i.e the cascading drowpdown options. Appreciate if you can share some related article url / links to achieve this.  Take a look at these videos.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=shane+young+cascading+dropdown&docid=608034680668556405&mid=13A...

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=shane+young+cascading+dropdown&docid=608044125259236510&mid=E4C...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
prady
Regular Visitor

thanks.

Option 1 - How to get those fileds displayed ? - Add another Data Source and use a Lookup

- this gives you a dropdown option not cascading.
Options 2- How to apply the output on the list ? - Don't use SubmitForm since you can't bind to two lists.  Instead you'll need to create a Patch statement that saves the record.

- Not sure if I understood this correct. I 'want to achieve this

Example

A.  )  Ive this list name " Main" which contains following

Source, customer name, store id , product name , product fault, Gap category  Gap Reason

B)   I could successful  Cascading Dropdown App  for GAP Category / Gap Reason - separate app.

(took source information from "Gaps-source" list which contains data for Gap category and associated gap reason) 

Requirement : how to now integrate or patch Cascading dropdown Power app  to my Main List ( for Gap Category / Gap Reason)

Option 3 - Any other method I can try to achieve the output i.e the cascading drowpdown options. Appreciate if you can share some related article url / links to achieve this.  Take a look at these videos.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=shane+young+cascading+dropdown&docid=608034680668556405&mid=13A...

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=shane+young+cascading+dropdown&docid=608044125259236510&mid=E4C...

Checking above videos.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,780)