Did you mean: 
alexlrca
Helper I
Helper I

[Edit form] Date and time issue

[Context]

• Edit Form with Date/Time fields
  • Excel database in OneDrive
  • Users are not obliged to enter all data in one shot to submit the form. They can fill-in two fields, submit the form, then fill-in the other fields (or modify the fields that they submitted previously)

[Issue]

• When users submit their form, the fields they did not fill are saved with Default Date + "00:00" time the database. I do not want that.

[Objective]

• If a field was not filled, don't save anything in the database. Leave the cell empty.

[Example]

screen1.png

If I submit this form, data sent to database for "Stairs on" and "GPU on" will be current date + "00:00". I'd like it to be empty. 

Please note that the day selection input is hidden.

Best regards,

Alex

6 REPLIES 6
eka24
Super User
Super User

Can you show your current formula

Hi,

Thank you for your answer.

Could you please specify what you mean by "formula" and which one specifically ?

Please note that the properties of the Edit Form were not modified - they're the basic ones.

Best regards,

Alexandre

Both the "Stairs on" and "GPU on".

DateValue95.SelectedDate + Time(Value(HourValue95.Selected.Value), Value(MinuteValue95.Selected.Value), 0)

It's the same formula for both but with different datacards

Since the Datefield is hidden, make a conditions at the dafaultdate of the datefield.
1. Ex: If(Isblank(Datacardvalue2)," ",DateValue95.SelectedDate + Time(Value(HourValue95.Selected.Value), Value(MinuteValue95.Selected.Value), 0)

Expalnation: if the user does not input in Datacardvalue2, then the datefield would be blank, else the date selected

2. For the +"00:00", it could be a format in the excel column at your datasource.

Please let me know if any of them is solved

Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Date/Time values can't be null (empty).  They have to contain a valid date or time.  00:00 on some date is the best you will be able to get.  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,643)