cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PapithaSekar
Helper II
Helper II

Edit form adding new record,instead of updating existing record.

I have build the app from blank canvas and connected to data source. I don't have browse gallery in my app. 

I want employee to register the detail and view their profile and edit the details.homepage.PNGApp_Treeview.PNG

I added form to each screen. 

Item property = 'Defaults.EmpReg' .

To get the data registered to view employee profile

updated text property = Emp_Edit.LastSubmit.Title 

When editing existing detail, its adding new record in the sharepoint list, not updating the existing value.

I dont know where am going wrong. Please help me. 

7 REPLIES 7
KrishnaV
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @PapithaSekar ,

In Profile_Edit form onSelect property of the button SubmitForm(Form1) this will update all the Changes to SharePoint List.

I hope this resolved your issue if you see any challenge/need further help please let me know I am always happy to help.

Regards,
Krishna
If this post helps give a 👍 and if it solved your issue consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more.

I hope this resolved your issue if you see any challenge/need further help please let me know I am always happy to do it for my community.

Regards,
KrishnaV
Business Applications MVP, Microsoft Certified Trainer
Twitter | Linkedin | YouTube | GitHub
If this post helps you give a and if it solved your issue consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members / new members of the community.

thanks for your reply. yes i have given the same. onselect_property.PNG

Hi @PapithaSekar ,

I see this is the default app you get when you create App on a list and then you are trying to extend the functionality. If so, please ensure that editform Item property is BrowseGallery1.Selected on the previous screen.

See the below:
EditFor Submit.gif

I hope this resolved your issue if you see any challenge/need further help please let me know I am always happy to do it for my community.

Regards,
Krishna
If this post helps give a 👍 and if it solved your issue consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more.

Regards,
KrishnaV
If this post helps you give a and if it solved your issue consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members / new members of the community.

As i mentioned earlier I don't have browse screen in my app. Am curious to know is there any relation between the screens? 

Can't we create a app with out browse screen?

Hi @PapithaSekar ,

1. In your edit form select the Title and then on your left pane select the Form where that Item control is under.

2. Now select the From and the item property of the select
3. Ensure that item is something as below

Item: <<some gallery name>>.selected

4. Now ensure that FORM DefaultMode property is DisplayMode.Edit if not rename it as so.

If you still see any further issue please reply with the screenshots of all the steps I mentioned above on this thread I can help you further.

Regards,
Krishna

Regards,
KrishnaV

Hi @PapithaSekar ,

I just want to follow up with you on this issue to see is it resolved or still you see any challenges.

If you see any challenge/need further help let me know I am always happy to help.

Regards,
Krishna
If this post helps give a 👍 and if it solved your issue consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more

Regards,
KrishnaV

Since, I don't have browse screen in my app.

I have given Item as 'Defaults(TestVersjon_AnsatteReg) (i.e Defaults(Datasource))Editform.PNG 

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,083)