cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
calvares
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Edit form does not accept my updated people field

I have a canvas app with an edit form linked to a SharePoint list. One of the fields is a people field. I needed to change this to allow multiple selections. Once I did and refreshed the data source in my app, it threw up an error. I then deleted the field and added it again, but the field still has an error.

If I create another edit form, the issue does not occur, but I do not want to do this as I've already made customisations.

I've had this problem before and the only thing I could do was to delete the field in SharePoint and create a new one. 

But surely I shouldn't need to do this? Adding a new field to the existing form should be sufficient, right?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@calvares 

Yes, so the form is still seeing the column as a single selection and not a multi.

Did you cut and paste the form back?

I would also add to that process - remove the datacard, cut the form, undo/paste the form back, add the datacard.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@calvares 

Select your entire form and then press Ctrl-X (cut) and then Ctrl-Z (undo).

This will cut the form and then on the undo, the form will re-evaluate its schema.

If that is not successful, please post back the error you are seeing.

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

calvares
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Hi @RandyHayes thanks but it didn't work for me.

The error is on the Default of the data card:

Expected record valueExpected record value

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@calvares 

Yes, so the form is still seeing the column as a single selection and not a multi.

Did you cut and paste the form back?

I would also add to that process - remove the datacard, cut the form, undo/paste the form back, add the datacard.

View solution in original post

calvares
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

@RandyHayes I tried adding a new field to the form without deleting the existing one with an error, and this worked. It must have picked up on the updated schema. Thank you.

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@calvares 

Yes, it is always a bit of trial and error on the forms to get them to get new schema information.  

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,682)