cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Edit form does not reach top the details page record.

Hello Experts,

as standard we have browse , details and edit  screen , when i browse some specific record to edit it, on edit form it does not go for the browsed record , it open the form same way when we create new record. for example see below.

1.Brows screen

Capture47.PNG

2.Details Screen

Capture48.PNG

3.Edit from screen

Capture49.PNG

Till details screen its fine but when it reaches to edit form it does not same record.here what i am writing on 

Brows screen button:

Navigate([@DetailScreen1])

Detail screen Edit button. frm_02 is my edit form

EditForm(Frm_02);Navigate([@ActivityScreen], ScreenTransition.None)

Please advise 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous 

I was more concerned over your condition in the Item property of your form.  When you are chaining split forms, the Item property needs to include all the forms in the app.  Otherwise you might have unpredictable results when you are submitting the master form (the last one of the change with ALL of the fields in it).

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

As per my investigation one reason could be i am using multiple screen to submit data  as on edit master form Item property this is what i am writing instead of gallery1.Selected.

If(Dropdown8.Selected.Value="Projects" ,Patch(GlbRecord,Frm_01.Updates,Frm_03.Updates),Patch(GlbRecord,Frm_01.Updates,Frm_04.Updates))

But if this is the reason , then i case of multiple screen how i will edit data 😣

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous 

If you are going to utilize the Patch function on Forms, you are going to be losing the capabilities of the form and can run into other issues.  The important point in splitting these forms is to watch what you are using in the Item property of the forms.

I'd recommend you take a look over my video on splitting forms like you are so that you can get some better ways to do this and not lose the form functionality. 

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @RandyHayes , Thanks for looking into this, As you recommended before i am following your approach only to submit multiple screen on video part 15:30 sec , you have used patch to combine all screen information of all the screen.  i have followed your approach strictly and i believe i am not losing any form functionality.  

i might missing something , can you please advise 

Anonymous
Not applicable

What i did i have created one more edit screen which will only responsible to edit the gallery record. here i am writing on form item property and displaying only the value which user will update in the same record 

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous 

I was more concerned over your condition in the Item property of your form.  When you are chaining split forms, the Item property needs to include all the forms in the app.  Otherwise you might have unpredictable results when you are submitting the master form (the last one of the change with ALL of the fields in it).

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

yes @RandyHayes you are absolutely right , my concern has been solved now by adding a new edit form to make changes in some of the fields after saving.

Thank you so much for your help 😊

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,256)