cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
coolBoiyJones
Helper I
Helper I

Edit form does not show Radio button selection when i go back in

when i go back into edit form does not remember Radio Button selection. The Sharepoint list shows the values, yes/no, true/false.

There are also text boxes that show or hide depending on the value of the Radio button selection. They do not show when I go into the edit screen. Some of the Fields show, and some do not populate.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@coolBoiyJones 

Ooops, sorry, spoke/wrote too quick.

The Default should be: ThisItem.Condition.Value

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@coolBoiyJones 

What type of column is the underlying field for the radio control?

What is the Default property of the Radio control?

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)

coolBoiyJones
Helper I
Helper I

I believe they are Yes/No columns for the Radio Buttons. The default property is empty Quotes "".

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@coolBoiyJones 

The default sets the value to be shown in the control...So if it is blank, then you will show nothing.

If the column is yes/no in your list, then it will depend on your Items property of the radio control as to what to display.  So, let's assume your Items property is ["Yes", "No"]

Then your Default would be If(Parent.Default, "Yes", "No")

Thanks Randy. I will give it a try.

How can I check my Items property? I used that formula on the first Radio Button, which Shows Good Bad.

But powerapps does not like it. Shows an error in the formula.

coolBoiyJones
Helper I
Helper I

The radio button Items property right now is, Choices('Trailer Inspection'.Condition),

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@coolBoiyJones 

Okay, then is your underlying column a Choice or Yes/No?  You indicated it was Yes/No, so then what is the relationship of a yes or no value to a choice?

I attached the Condition Radio button properties

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@coolBoiyJones 

So then your underlying column is NOT a Yes/No column - it is a Choice column.

Then in that case, your Default property of your Radio control only needs to be: Parent.Default

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

June User Group Leader Call

Join us on June 28 for our monthly User Group leader call!

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,169)