cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Edit form is not editable

I'm adding a new screen to my Power App and it's showing the selected item in the list in another screen. I've selected Edit from the Forms drop-down in the Insert menu in the App designer. Then I've chosen the data source, which is a SQL Server table, and added the fields to show in the form. The fields are showing with the correct values, but they are read-only. Even though the form's default mode is Edit.

If I select "Edit fields" and check each field's Control type, it's set to View text and all the available options are "View ...". Why is that?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@VT-Magnus 

You will need a primary Key on your SQL table in order to write to it.

Also, make sure you are using a Table and not a view.  You cannot write to a view.

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@VT-Magnus 

You will need a primary Key on your SQL table in order to write to it.

Also, make sure you are using a Table and not a view.  You cannot write to a view.

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too!

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Now it works. Thanks for quick answer!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,852)