cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Visitor

Edit form issue

Morning all,

After some help on what should be an easy task.

Simply trying to load data into an edit form,

My forms datasource is correct, the same as the source used in the gallery I use to select the item.

The items property of the form is set to LookUp('Expense Line Holding',ID=varLineitem.ID)

This populates the correct record in the formula area as shown below

LiamR89_0-1603965055482.png

But my form fields do not populate, what am I missing?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@LiamR89 

One thing to check on your old form is the Mode property. If it's set to 'New' rather than 'Edit', that could provide an explanation.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Frequent Visitor

Just inserted a new form with the same set up as above and it is now working, perhaps the issue was because i'd copy / pasted the form from another page within the app.

I have it working at least, still like to understand why the first version didn't work.

Can you show the formula for the variable. Also is the variable on a different screen?

If on different screen the use Set function instead of UpdateContext. That is if you used UpdateContext.

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

@LiamR89 

One thing to check on your old form is the Mode property. If it's set to 'New' rather than 'Edit', that could provide an explanation.

View solution in original post

Frequent Visitor

@timl 

Believe this was probably it, should have checked it myself, thanks though.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Users online (7,159)