Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
karlagb20
Helper III
Helper III

Edit form not showing data

Hello,

When I try to edit data that's already on my sharepoint list when I click "edit" the power app opens but no data is populated. I don't want to input everything again on the form. 

Please help

8 REPLIES 8
Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

When you are editing the form in PowerApps what is the Items property of the form?  Is this a standalone PowerApp or a sharepoint integrated form?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
v-yuxima-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @karlagb20 

Could you please check whether the Item is as next screenshot shows in your customized form?

SharePointForm1.Item=If(IsBlank(SharePointIntegration.Selected)||IsEmpty(SharePointIntegration.Selected),First('2019test'),SharePointIntegration.Selected)

(2019test is the SP list name on myside, please change to yours on your side)

Item.PNG

Best Regards.

Yumia

@v-yuxima-msft @Pstork1 The IF statement doesn't seme to work.

Hi @karlagb20 

Is it one cusomize form?

Do you create cutomize form as this?

customize form1.PNG

customize-list-form

sharepoint-form-integration

Best Regards.

Yumia

@v-yuxima-msft Yes I do create a customize form. Your IF statement works only if the form deafult mode is set to "edit" but I want it to be set to new.

Every time someone adds something I want a new form but when they need to edit a row already in the list I want the form to display the values.

Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

When you customize the form in a SharePoint list you will automatically get a New, View, and Edit form. If they add something via the New link on the toolbar they will get the form with the default mode set to New.  If they edit an existing Item they will get the form with the default set to Edit. Can you explain a bit more what you are trying to do?

@Pstork1 When I want to add new data to the sharepoint list I click on New and a blank power app opens up.... so I add all the data into the fields. This is correct.

When I want to edit data that has already been submitted to the list and I click on the circle on the left and then edit... the power app form opens up but it opens up blank.

I dont want to input all the data again...

is there a way I can get the data thats already on the list on the form and edit the data on the power app form... I dont want to add everything all over again.

Below you'll find the picture where it shows that when I click Edit, the power app opens up but blank not with all the data

Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Check the item property on the SharePoint form.  It should be set to this:

If(IsBlank(SharePointIntegration.Selected) || IsEmpty(SharePointIntegration.Selected),First('ListName'),SharePointIntegration.Selected)

If that doesn't work try changing the .Selected to .SelectedItemId

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Apps Community Call

Monthly Power Apps Community Call

Did you miss the call?? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here!

secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (68,138)