cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mmchx
Helper IV
Helper IV

Edit form shows "No item to display"

I just insert the edit form and connect the sharepoint list as datasource.

When I run the app, it shows "No item to display"

Might be a dumb question but what should I put on the "item" properties of editForm? I really don't get want value need to put on.

mmchx_0-1646855425887.png

3 REPLIES 3
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@mmchx 

You need to specify the record from your datasource that you want to have in the form.

How are you expecting the user to select a record to edit?  Or, is there a particular record to edit?

That is what needs to be put into the Item property.

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

Thanks for this Randy. I am having the same issue- my form is connected to a Sharepoint list. So my intended funtion is the user fills in the data for the form, clicks the button, and the responses are collected and added to the sharepoint list as a new item. How do i specify that the record being edited is actually a new record?

Gorilla_8
Super User
Super User

@mmchx 

Have you tried already to put this on the "Item" this code:

Defaults(YourDataSource)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,783)