cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
samuelJ
Level 8

Edit form with DisplayMode DisplayMode.Edit not .View

Hello,

I've created Edit forms a dozen times no problems.  I want to add a form where the item is Defaults('[dbo].[table]') and have the user enter in data for a new record.  Whenever I create this "Edit form" it is defaulting my DisplayMode of my data card to "DisplayMode.View" and there is no "text input" object in the data card, and I can not change it as it is locked.  I understand I can unlock the dataCard and manually change it, but if I want to add 15+ datacards it would be some much easier to not have to do that 15+ times...  I have never had this problem in the past when adding in an Edit form.  Did a setting change with an update?

Capture1.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Capture3.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
tchin-nin
Level 10

Re: Edit form with DisplayMode DisplayMode.Edit not .View

Hi @samuelJ,

Please check that your table has a primary key. Otherwise will go through trouble, and I think "bad" autogenerated forms is one of them.

And why do you want an Form.Mode = Edit with a Defaults() Item to add a new item ? Maybe you can just put the form in New mode ? 

Théo

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
tchin-nin
Level 10

Hi @samuelJ,

Please check that your table has a primary key. Otherwise will go through trouble, and I think "bad" autogenerated forms is one of them.

And why do you want an Form.Mode = Edit with a Defaults() Item to add a new item ? Maybe you can just put the form in New mode ? 

Théo

View solution in original post

samuelJ
Level 8

You are correct, I did not have a key.  I quickly made a table for a POC.  Thank you!

As far as wanitng  "a Form.Mode = Edit with Defaults", I will probnably put it in Form.new. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Super User Class of 2020

Check it out!

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,913)