Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Edit item "Save" is not working

Here are the steps to reproduce:

1- Create item using PowerApps form

2- select newly created item and edit 

3- make some changes on field values and click save

4- now select same item again and click edit, you will notice the changes are not shown (it shows previously stored values)

5- now create another item and save

6- edit 2nd item and make some changes and click save

7- select second item and click edit it will show previous values

8- now select first item and click edit without savings values click second item - this time up to date values will be shown

Above behaviour is noticed on E3 tenancy. 

Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

The only thing that immediately comes to my mind is for you to check the SharePoint Integration settings and see what your "On Save" is configured to do. If you're using multiple screens and multiple forms, you'll need a way of defining when a user is in an Edit Screen vs. a New Screen. I have multiple screens/forms in one of my integrated forms, so in SharePoint Integration > Advanced> OnSave my code looks like this:

If(SharePointFormMode="CreateForm", SubmitForm(NewForm), If(SharePointFormMode="EditForm", SubmitForm(EditForm), If (SharePointFormMode="UserEditForm", SubmitForm(UserEditForm), If(SharePointFormMode="NotesForm", SubmitForm(NotesForm1))))); RequestHide()

The variable SharePointFormMode is set to each screen's OnVisible property, that way if a user clicks "Save," SharePoint Integration knows which form to submit. If you haven't configured this to work with multiple screens (new and edit), you should check if that OnSave your "new" form is being submitted and not your "edit" form.

Highlighted

OnSave is set to "SubmitForm(SharePointForm1)" and the app has one and only default screen. 

Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Ahh, it's the refresh issue. I encountered the specific issue you're describing last week. Found a way to resolve it here thanks to @RandyHayes  help. In your form, in the OnSuccess properties try:

Refresh(SharePointDataSource); ResetForm(SharePointForm1); RequestHide()

Where SharePointDataSource is your SharePoint source list. This manually refreshes the forms connection to the SharePoint list and gets it working again. This, in my experience, wasn't necessary until last week--my forms were working fine and then suddenly they weren't.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I was experiencing the same issue. I have the only one who could save to a SharePoint list from power apps all the other users couldn't save, nothing happened when they clicked "submit". My issue was with the permissions in SharePoint, my users could only read. I edited the permission to allow users to add and edit. Sorted.

Highlighted
Helper IV
Helper IV

I'm having similar issue.. but what I'm finding is during the new document creation , if the user fails to enter some required fields and clicks save, then they enter the fields they missed and clicks save... it hangs.  Any suggestions?

Highlighted
Helper IV
Helper IV

I tried your suggestion about putting the refresh of the data source in form and it still hangs on save after fixing missing required fields. Does anyone have other suggestions?  This is a real problem for users. 

Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

In what way does it "hang"? Does the form remain open but the save button no longer works? Does it close and disappear but no update happens?

Is there anything in the SharePoint "OnFailure" property?

Highlighted
Helper IV
Helper IV

The form just stays on the screen... you click save.. required fields are all ok now and it just sits there as if you are not clicking save at all.

On the form in the on success I added refresh('sharepoint list') in front of what was there as a default.  So on success is now Refresh('OES FORM');resetform(sharepointform);requesthide().

The on reset has false

The on failure has false

Now I can say that if I edit an existing document and blank out a required field and save and get the error to fill in and then fix that field and save.. it does save.  So only seems to be issue during new ones.

Its very odd but I can try any suggestions

Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

So the problem is only with the new form and not the edit form? When you test form within PowerApps (not on the SharePoint list), does the same behavior happen? How many required fields do you have and does this behavior happen when any one field is left blank, or are there particular fields that seem to do this?

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Demo-Extravaganza 2020

Check out these cool Power Apps & vote on your favorite!

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (10,416)