cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RachelRig
Advocate V
Advocate V

Edit mode - blank screens (screens gone?)

On Friday I was working on a canvas app. It's connected to Office365Users, a SharePoint list, and a SharePoint library. Nothing fancy. Everything was fine on Friday but today it won't render screens in edit mode. Starts out ok, as I click back and forth b/t screens, they go blank. The forms, galleries, and controls are all still there, just invisible. No white screen canvas, just grey with the message you see when you drop a new form on a screen, "Add an item from the insert tab...". Refreshed data connections. Rebooted. Tried going back to older versions. Same behavior. Anyone else experiencing weirdness today?

UPDATE: Hours later....still messed up. When I hit one bad screen, suddenly all other screens are broken. All screens now just GONE. Grey. Nothing is visible but I can click on forms, galleries, and controls, which are all still there. What on earth went wrong here??? FYI - IE or Chrome, makes no difference.

3 REPLIES 3
kidvallejo
Helper III
Helper III

Had something similar previously, and I cleared the internet cache and it was fine... fingers crossed you're back up and running soon 😉

rebeccas
Community Champion
Community Champion

Make sure you have ResetForm() - EditForm() and NewForm() where needed.

I get going on making stuff look nice and forget those sometimes and it will work that first time but then not after that without those in there. 

RachelRig
Advocate V
Advocate V

I ended up rebuilding the whole thing from scratch. I suspect that maybe a bad Patch formula caused the problem. But I'm not sure about that or why it would totally kill the app even after it was deleted. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,219)