cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Visitor

Edit mode not populating data from list item but populates data within PowerApp editor

@TimCarlsonand I have a PowerApp Canvas app set to open in edit mode when right clicking on a list item and selecting edit. The form is editable however none of the data populates from the list item into the PowerApp. Odd thing is when I go to edit the PowerApp the data from that form shows in the editor (which it shouldn't right?). I've attempted all solutions from other areas on google and double checked my settings. Its acting more like a glitch/bug.

Go to powerapp editor and my content is populated... odd in of itselfGo to powerapp editor and my content is populated... odd in of itselfRight clicking on sharepoint list itemRight clicking on sharepoint list itemOpens without contentOpens without contentSetting for the edit screen/formSetting for the edit screen/form

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Yumia,

Thanks for the reply- we did attempt that earlier in our testing however data still would not pull from the list item onto additional app screens in edit mode. We decided to recreate the app and list and forgo using separate screens within the app and it functioned properly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @DanielBrooks 

Please make sure the properties of the SharePointIntegration control to following formula:

OnEdit property:EditForm(SharePointForm1)

OnNew property:NewForm(SharePointForm1)

OnSave property:SubmitForm(SharePointForm1)

OnView property:ViewForm(SharePointForm1)

More information:

customize-list-form

Best Regards.

Yumia

Hi Yumia,

Thanks for the reply- we did attempt that earlier in our testing however data still would not pull from the list item onto additional app screens in edit mode. We decided to recreate the app and list and forgo using separate screens within the app and it functioned properly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call- January

Mark your calendars and join us for the next Power Apps Community Call on January 20th, 8a PST

PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,445)