cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Edit multiple in gallery and save to excel

I'm having some trouble with getting the gallery I build to update to excel, I am not sure what to code the save button as, each time I try to use patch I get an error. I would like to select the list based on this home screen, then edit this gallery to save to excel based off track position in the first column. 

Each track will have it's own screen and save in a different excel table. Tracklist home screen.PNGTracklist Edit.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Edit multiple in gallery and save to excel

Hi @Anonymous ,

Do you want to use a drop down to update a text field?

If so, please try this formula:

Patch(Table1,ThisItem,{Car:TextInput1.Text,full/empty:Drop Down1.Selected.Value})

I suggest you know more about drop down,here's a doc about it for your reference:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/controls/control-drop-down

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was able to make the car number column work using this patch function, but can not make the patch on the dropdowns update, any ideas?

change car number.PNGchange from dropdown.PNG

Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Do you want to use a drop down to update a text field?

If so, please try this formula:

Patch(Table1,ThisItem,{Car:TextInput1.Text,full/empty:Drop Down1.Selected.Value})

I suggest you know more about drop down,here's a doc about it for your reference:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/controls/control-drop-down

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Apps Community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,918)