cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Edit or Delete data in Entity form (CDS)

Hi guys,

How edit field in a Entity Form? i use CDS but i can't edit or delete row in the List. 

The form mode is Default (list, i think).

Regards! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@PytByt No, the Edit form and SubmitForm will edit dta in the connected entity. I was wanting to edit the entity within excel 2010 when I had a lot of data to edit, as it was easier todo it that way than front-end. I have upgraded to excel 2016 now, and use the add-in.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-micsh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

If you mean to edit or delete the Data in Common Data Service Entity Data Tab under PowerApps web Portal, then it is not available.

Currenlty the available way to manage data in entity is through the "Open in Excel",  PowerApps, or using the Common Data Service SDK.

Open entity data in Excel

Generate an app by suing a Common Data Service database

Manipulate your data by using the Common Data Service SDK

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thx for answer Micheale, 

This info is so useful but  i change my forms for galleries. I try take the row (record) and put in edit form for update data, and i have a button for delete record but dont works 😞 i try Removeif(collection; galleyname.selected.button2.pressed) [I have button2 inside the gallery because i click in a row change the color button]

Thx for support guys!

Regards.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Put capture for more details:

Gallery.png

Button2 is a highlight in the record

Pencil use a fuction: OnSelect: If(button2.pressed; Navigate(TestTable;Fade))

I have also proved with  If(Mýgallery.Selected.button2.pressed; Navigate(TestTable;Fade)) without result.

The paper button i have OnSelect: RemoveIf(MyDataSource;MyGallery.Selected.Button2.Pressed)

but dont remove nothing.

Any idea?

Regards

HI @v-micsh-msft 

Is there any way to edit in Excel 2010? I see all of hte instructions require the Power-Apps add in which is only available for Excel 2016.

Thanks

Hi @v-micsh-msft 

@v-micsh-msft wrote:

Hi @Anonymous,

If you mean to edit or delete the Data in Common Data Service Entity Data Tab under PowerApps web Portal, then it is not available.

Is that means i cant use the Edit Form and SubmitForm function to edit a record in the CDS entities?

thanks,

pytbyt

@PytByt No, the Edit form and SubmitForm will edit dta in the connected entity. I was wanting to edit the entity within excel 2010 when I had a lot of data to edit, as it was easier todo it that way than front-end. I have upgraded to excel 2016 now, and use the add-in.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Users online (1,539)