Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Carmen15
Helper IV
Helper IV

EditForm fields configuration Issue

I need support for two small things .

1.  I have an Edit Form connected to a SP List. When I open it with fields prefilled ( FormURL&ID= )  , for one of the columns the content is not displayed as it should (I have attached a print screen) . Note that the field type in PowerApps & SP is Multi Line Text . The form is displaying the text from SP List column but also some configuration details .I would like to make it to display only the text from SP List  . 

2.  For the same above form I have also a field that is Number . In Submit Button I put a Patch formula in order to update the SP List row with some data that I am adding . Into the Patch formula it doesn't work anything for the Number Field . 

My formula : Patch(datasource, ThisItem , { 'ColumnName': DataCardValue15.Text}) ; I do not have option to replace "Text" with "Number" . How do I do to update my SP List with the number data ?

Thank you 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Drrickryp
Super User
Super User

DataCardValue15.Text*1 will convert your text field to a number.

View solution in original post

A solution, which worked in my test is this (set this as the text of the datacard):

Mid(ThisItem.Columnname,Find(">",ThisItem.Columnname)+1, Find("</",ThisItem.Columnname) - Find(">", ThisItem.Columnname)-1)

This extracts the text. Change ThisItem.Columnname to the way you pull your data in (maybe Gallery1.Selected.Columnname etc).

Hopefully you can get around this solution though. How is the field in the SP list populated before it is pulled into Powerapps? Maybe the problem is in there somewhere.

7 REPLIES 7
Drrickryp
Super User
Super User

DataCardValue15.Text*1 will convert your text field to a number.

Carmen15
Helper IV
Helper IV

@Drrickryp 

That you very much! 🤗

Any idea for the other issue I am having ? 

Thx! 

Drrickryp
Super User
Super User

I don’t but change the column type in SharePoint to single line of text and see what happens.

Hi @Carmen15 

for your second problem please consider this:

Patch(datasource, ThisItem , { 'ColumnName': Value(DataCardValue15.Text)})

that should convert the content of DataCardValue15 from text to number.

Carmen15
Helper IV
Helper IV

Thank you @_Nils_  ! I have solved it ; it works with @Drrickryp solution as well  .

It remains the first issue to be solved . Any idea ? 

A solution, which worked in my test is this (set this as the text of the datacard):

Mid(ThisItem.Columnname,Find(">",ThisItem.Columnname)+1, Find("</",ThisItem.Columnname) - Find(">", ThisItem.Columnname)-1)

This extracts the text. Change ThisItem.Columnname to the way you pull your data in (maybe Gallery1.Selected.Columnname etc).

Hopefully you can get around this solution though. How is the field in the SP list populated before it is pulled into Powerapps? Maybe the problem is in there somewhere.

Carmen15
Helper IV
Helper IV

@_Nils_  it works with your formula in the Default property on the field .

Thank you very much! 🤗

Helpful resources

Announcements
2022 Release Wave 1 760x460.png

2022 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2022 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April 2022 through September 2022.

User Group Leader Meeting January 768x460.png

Calling all User Group Leaders!

Don't miss the User Group Leader meetings on January, 24th & 25th, 2022.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,611)