cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GoBlueByrd
Advocate II
Advocate II

EditForm is Creating New Item

Hello .. new to PowerApps and having an odd issue.  When I am trying to EDIT a record "SubmitForm(FormEditCase)", on submit it is creating a NEW record.  Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks..

17 REPLIES 17

I added the field at the bottom of my form, but then made it "hidden" so that it does not appear to the person using the form.

Thank you

My requirement is to replicate your issue. I need to create new record instead of updation when using editform. Suggestions pls

Anonymous
Not applicable

i want to create a new entry when an existing item is edited in the editform ...i am not able to create a new entry in the sharepoint list any help would be much appretiated......

Anonymous
Not applicable

i have created 2 buttons in the edit form one for edit and other for submit but whenever i have submitted the data it will  be saved in the sharepoint list ..but i want to edit the same data for some modification and it has to create an seprate entry in the sharepoint list.... currently i am not able to do that ..instead i need to click on add new button and all the previously saved will be resetted .............any help please ...

Use Patch function.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you....its working now...:)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I am also new to the PowerApps and I am having the same issue. I have a multilevel list in which I am navigating with using the Filter and Distinct -functions.

In this list I would be picking one row, and edit it. I have the following columns: ID, Document, Revision, Registration, Initials, Date, Update status. (Document, Revision and Registration are used in navigation, ID is just for selecting a row, which I don't know how to do and the remaining ones describe data that must be filled to the item.

I suspect that I am not really dealing with a list item in my EditForm, only a generic entry that will produce a new item to the list.

Can someone please tell how to use the ID solution someone mentioned earlier?

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,111)