cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

EditForm isn't showing an editable field

When trying to add a new field into an EditForm (from SQL) it displays the Title & Value both as labels, so the Value isn't editable. First time coming across this over 3x apps.

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: EditForm isn't showing an editable field

Hi @CurranD

Do you see the option to change the card type from 'view text' to 'edit text' in the properties > data section of your form?

Captureform.JPG

Highlighted
Power Apps
Power Apps

It's possible that the data type of that column is not editable (i.e., a primary key), or one that PowerApps doesn't support for editing (e.g., varbinary). What is the type of the column corresponding to that card?

Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

Only gives me view options on both new fields I'm trying to add. They're in the same SQL table as the other fields and both should be editable.

They're both just text strings, no fancy formatting or anything.

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Can you provide a screenshot of the SQL column properties?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.
Highlighted

Hi,

I have a similar issue, in that being able to edit fields isn't an option. 

This is utilising a locally hosted MySQL database and the gateway has the root username and password details. 

MS Access is also being used as a front end for when on a PC and this is able to edit and update fields on the MySQL database, these updates are reflected in what PowerApps shows. 

Is this setup able to accomodate being able to edit records and insert new records? 

The datatypes can be changed if required.

GatewayGatewayMS Access view of the TableMS Access view of the TableMySQL view of TableMySQL view of TableODBC32 detailsODBC32 detailsPowerApps Data SourcePowerApps Data SourceOptions available for the DB tableOptions available for the DB table

Highlighted

Do you have a primary key set in your MySQL table?  I just ran into this same issue with a SQL Server database table, and once I set a primary key in the database, I was able to use the edit functionality in PowerApps.

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Demo-Extravaganza 2020

Check out these cool Power Apps & vote on your favorite!

secondImage

Robotic Process Automation

Let's talk about the solution provided by Microsoft for Robotic Process Automation (RPA)

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,753)