cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NeohLooi
Helper II
Helper II

EditForm sometime does not work

I create a gallery which show a list of item for user to choose to view details, and next page the edit form will show the related data.

I have this function at onSelect button "View Details" in gallery

Navigate('Details',ScreenTransition.Fade,{ id: Gallery2.Selected });

and my editform in next page , the item property already set as id.

I run few test, sometime the editform do not capture all the data from database...it only capture certain field.
Any solution on this problem? Any help will be great, Thank you. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
NeohLooi
Helper II
Helper II

It worked perfectly now, I having this problem yesterday and now it seem work perfectly, I not sure what problem causing this

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @NeohLooi ,

Why don't you simply make the Item of the Edit Form

Gallery2.Selected

What is the purpose of passing a context variable between screens when you can simply reference its value directly?

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

This is due to I want to align the form nicely, it has a lot of details so it look not really nice if fit into one page.

@NeohLooi 

@NeohLooi wrote:

This is due to I want to align the form nicely, it has a lot of details so it look not really nice if fit into one page.

However this does not preclude you from referencing it directly as @WarrenBelz already mentioned.

@WarrenBelz wrote:

Why don't you simply make the Item of the Edit Form

Gallery2.Selected

We were able to apply response given by @WarrenBelz and it is working, we can reference the Gallery from other screen without any context variable needed. Check this example below and notice how we reference Gallery from another screen without using any context variables, and notice how there is no error and it works:

otherscreengallery7.png

This is because Controls such as Gallery are not limited of scope to screen, Controls can be referenced from any screen directly.

So then what was the problem regarding the response by @WarrenBelz ? Please try again that same suggestion. Ours above is actually the same suggestion, only difference is we provide screenshot showing it is working. If you find out it works for you, after that we kindly ask that you accept the response given originally by @WarrenBelz as a solution (in the case that it worked). When we tested it we found out that it worked without using context variables.

NeohLooi
Helper II
Helper II

It worked perfectly now, I having this problem yesterday and now it seem work perfectly, I not sure what problem causing this

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,709)