Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TorreyFalconer
Helper IV
Helper IV

Editable Table filters User, and picks up time of start shift and end

Hey SuperUsers, 

I have a bit of a complicated question (or I feel it is).

I have made an "Editable table" as per this article: https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/editable-tables/

General idea:

(See photos) I have made a table in a PowerApp that is from a SP list. It is for an ongoing log that an employee will start at the beginning of their shift, click submit, and then it will turn that into an Excel Spreadsheet via PowerAutomate. I was asked to make this look like a spreadsheet right on the app, which is why it looks and functions the way it does. I have made all of the "new form" fields that need to be filled out set to invisible, so when someone clicks the button "New Line" it is actually submitting an item to a SharePoint list, which generates an empty line (though title is patched), and then they simply fill out the line, which technically is editing the item and patched to SP list.

It gets more complicated 

This table is a "Vehicle log". A fresh one needs to appear on the app when someone clicks a button on the previous screen called "Start New Log",  and it must only show their own entries. That basically means each employee, has their own log for each shift. Which means each log will be a separate spreadsheet.

Your Help

In PowerApps, this list shows every entry from every person on every shift because that is what the SP list is. But that is not what I need it to do, as per what you just read. I need the log in the App to at least appear blank, each time someone starts a new log and when they hit "submit" only the data from that employee during that specific shift will appear in the Excel spreadsheet. 

Please see photos below and ask any follow up questions to help me sort through this. Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
v-siky-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @TorreyFalconer,

If you want gallery only shows the specific records created by themself, you can add a filter condition to Gallery.

1.Put Set(UserEmail,User().Email) to OnStart property of App

2.Set the Items property of gallery: 

Filter('Vehicle log', 'Created By'.Email=UserEmail)

Sik

@v-siky-msft that is part of it, so thank you got that part working. But I also want it to clear the log and start new everytime a shift starts. So I don't want them to see their own history unless it's from when they begin that log. If that makes sense. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,630)