cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Editable drop down in gallery control bug

I'm using editable drop downs inside of a gallery control (uses SQL On Prem db through gateway). The drop down displays the existing data in the db with the usual syntax in the default property (thisitem.fieldname). However, when there is a value in the first row and not in subsequent rows, the value from the first row gets *repeated* for rows having a blank (null) value for that field. I have the Advanced Feature Formula Level Error management enabled.  My workaround is this: I added a timer control (duration: 1) having a start property of timerstart; a context variable updated to true in the OnChange event in the search textbox. In the OnTimeEnd event, it updates a context variable (timerend) to true. I changed the Default property of the drop down to use this context varirable.  

If(timerend,ThisItem.'Proposal Coordinator',"")

#bug #gallery #dropdown #editable

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Editable drop down in gallery control bug

Mr Dang.

Yes, I have a drop down inside the gallery Editable Tables. Yes the Drop Down has a blank/null option. I have not tried the combo box. My point was I found a work around: the drop down does not exhibit this behavior when I update a context variable to true on a Timer's Timer End property, and refrence that context variable in Default property of the drop down: If(timerend,ThisItem.'Proposal Coordinator',"")

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Power Apps
Power Apps

@mherman284,

I'm not understanding what you mean by this part. Can you share screenshots, gifs, or a video of what you're trying to do?

@mherman284 wrote:

I'm using editable drop downs inside of a gallery control (uses SQL On Prem db through gateway). The drop down displays the existing data in the db with the usual syntax in the default property (thisitem.fieldname). However, when there is a value in the first row and not in subsequent rows, the value from the first row gets *repeated* for rows having a blank (null) value for that field. I have the Advanced Feature Formula Level Error management enabled.  My workaround is this: I added a timer control (duration: 1) having a start property of timerstart; a context variable updated to true in the OnChange event in the search textbox. In the OnTimeEnd event, it updates a context variable (timerend) to true. I changed the Default property of the drop down to use this context varirable.  

If(timerend,ThisItem.'Proposal Coordinator',"")

#bug #gallery #dropdown #editable

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hi, Mr. Dang. 

Thanks for responding. Bug Demo.png

Highlighted
Power Apps
Power Apps

Ah the picture helps a lot. But can you also clarify what you mean by editable dropdown? Do you have a dropdown or combobox control inside the gallery? Does the dropdown have blank/null as an option? Have you tried a combobox?

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Mr Dang.

Yes, I have a drop down inside the gallery Editable Tables. Yes the Drop Down has a blank/null option. I have not tried the combo box. My point was I found a work around: the drop down does not exhibit this behavior when I update a context variable to true on a Timer's Timer End property, and refrence that context variable in Default property of the drop down: If(timerend,ThisItem.'Proposal Coordinator',"")

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Mr Dang, I discovered more weirdness with this solution today. While holding open a drop down control within the gallery, the page 'blinks' and then re-navigates to the screen. How do I know this? Because I have an on visible method that sets a value to a drop down control. The value of that drop down control is used to filter gallery results:

Items

Search(collOpp,strSelectedBTStatus,"Bid_x0020_Tracker_x0020_Status")

So I updated the OnVisible property of the screen to set this global variable only one time. 
If (NavBTOnce=false,
Set(strSelectedBTStatus,"Current");
Reset(ddStatusSelection),
false);

Set(NavBTOnce,true);

Highlighted
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

I have the same issue. Dropdown control has a bug when used inside the gallery control. If dropdown's default property is Null/Blank, than it just displays a value from the first row.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,823)