cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AnoojDev513
Regular Visitor

Editable table excel look gallery

Hi,

I have a problem which I am not able to solve for quite some time.

I have created a gallery editable table referring to the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mj4mKS1hS7M

But here I have a different scenario. I created a dropdown for Title, and when I select the title from dropdown, The gallery should display only the data with the title selected. And, I should be able to add/delete/edit the record for the selected Title and save it. And, If there is only Title field exits and remaining columns are empty in the SharePoint it should show the same and should be editable in the future.

The below screenshot showing up all the records from the data source (SharePoint) where I selected the “Test” in the dropdown.

Under the Title it is showing Test everywhere because I defaulted to display the dropdown selected value using Dropdown.SelectedText.Value  on default.

For all other Role Description, DoITS Team, DoITS Role, Hours, I have given ThisItem.ColumnName on default.

AnoojDev513_0-1631545381716.png

It will be great help if someone can solve this for me.

Thank You!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-qiaqi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @AnoojDev513

Have you solved your problem?

Do you want to filter the Gallery based on the Dropdown selected?

Could you please share more about your need?

The Drop down box will always display the first item within by default if you do not select any other item, to avoid this, you could set the AllowEmptySelection as true.

Set the Items of the Gallery as below:

If(!IsBlank(Dropdown1.Selected.Title),Filter(List,Title=Dropdown1.Selected.Title),List)

Note that I assume that you set the Dropdown Items with List.Title, if you set the Dropdown Items with other formula , please clarify it.

Best Regards,
Qi

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Drrickryp
Super User
Super User

@AnoojDev513 

Please post the Items property for your gallery.  Also do not use Dropdown.SelectedText.Value, Use Dropdown.Selected.Value instead.

I have given the TableName under the Items for gallery 

Drrickryp
Super User
Super User

@AnoojDev513 

You need to filter it by the selection in your dropdown.

v-qiaqi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @AnoojDev513

Have you solved your problem?

Do you want to filter the Gallery based on the Dropdown selected?

Could you please share more about your need?

The Drop down box will always display the first item within by default if you do not select any other item, to avoid this, you could set the AllowEmptySelection as true.

Set the Items of the Gallery as below:

If(!IsBlank(Dropdown1.Selected.Title),Filter(List,Title=Dropdown1.Selected.Title),List)

Note that I assume that you set the Dropdown Items with List.Title, if you set the Dropdown Items with other formula , please clarify it.

Best Regards,
Qi

Thanks for your response, I am able to filter it out successfully.

I used Filter(TableName, Title = Dropdown1.Selected.Result)

Hi @AnoojDev513,

Glad that you have solved the problem.

Please mark the solution as answer.

Thanks for your co-operation.

Best Regards,
Qi

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,003)