cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Future_Vision
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Editing HTML with Rich Text Editor in PowerApps for Teams

I am adding formatted text and images to my app with the RTE. I'm used to seeing an option to view and edit the HTML but it appears to be missing from in the RTE in PowerApps for Teams. Is there a workaround for this or a way to enable it? Maybe another RTE I can import?

8 REPLIES 8
v-jefferni
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Future_Vision ,

Are you referring to this?

55.png

I'm afraid it only works in an Data Card within an Edit from. You could use a TextInput box within multi-line mode to type in HTML text and view the result in Rich Text Box.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Jeffer Ni
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

Future_Vision
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

@v-jefferni 
I am in PowerApps for Teams. I do not get those options for the control. I deleted the default text box and added in the RTE and set the Default to ThisItem.Message

Hi @Future_Vision ,

I was in Power Apps for Teams as well. Those options belonged to the default and LOCKED Data Card in an Edit Form. The Form's data source is SharePoint list and the Data Card links to a single line text column.

If you are in a Form too, delete the Data Card which you have modified and added RTE, and edit fields to add the default card again, then you will be able to switch control types by selecting the Form or Date Card.

v-jefferni_0-1621220314770.png

Best regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

@v-jefferni Your image shows edit text and not RTE. My datasource is Dataverse. Below is what I see when I add the field back in.

Future_Vision_0-1621268140218.png

Hi @Future_Vision ,

Sorry and you are right, there is no RTE control type in a Form when in Power Apps For Teams. Removing the default Text box then adding the RTE into the Card (just like what you did) is the only choice to type in rich text in an Edit Form.

Best regards,

Future_Vision
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

@v-jefferni 
Could there be a workaround for this? I know I can add a text box along with the RTE and see the HTML. Of course editing the text box does not update the RTE unless I set the RTE value to the text box but then I lose out on the functionality of the RTE. Is there a way for them to update each other and still be able to submit?

@Future_Vision ,

Actually the control types selections in the Form are used for editing Apps, users will not be able to switch the control types between RTE and HTML text box when using the App.

As for you requirement, please follow below steps:

1\ Unlock the Data Card, remove the default TextInput box, add a RTE into the Card.

2\ Add an extra TextInput inside the Card.

3\ Set Default of the TextInput box to:

RichTextEditor.HtmlText

4\ Set OnChange of the TextInput box to:

Set(RT, Self.Text);Set(varChanged, 1)

5\ Set Default of the RTE to:

If(varChanged <> 1, Parent.Default, RT)

6\ Update of the Data Card:

RichTextEditor.HtmlText

So, RTE default value is from data source, once texts in the input box are changed, RTE will be populated with the variable set from text input.

Best regards,

Future_Vision
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

@v-jefferni 
Thanks. Doesn't quite do what I want however. The RTE would be the primary input method. The text box, with the HTML, would be where I could edit that HTML if needed. The RTE also fails to update when I choose a new item from the gallery unless I make a change to the text box.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Power Apps June 2021

June Power Apps Community Call

Don't miss the call this month on June 16th - 8a PDT

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (56,709)