cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Automate2create
Helper II
Helper II

Editing a a gallery

I have a gallery with a collection as a datasource.  I want to be able to edit the gallery.   I have an edit pencil in the gallery, I want to be able to click on that pencil and edit the first field.

This is the gallery

Automate2create_0-1651398895533.png

Gallery properties:

Automate2create_1-1651398959075.png

Automate2create_2-1651399016863.png

Edit pencil properties

Automate2create_3-1651399055325.png

First field properties

Automate2create_4-1651399107707.png

Automate2create_5-1651399170203.png

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Automate2create ,

I am a little confused - any element can be edited by simply having a text box instead of the label you have. Here is another video also from @RezaDorrani explaining it a different way.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Visit my blog Practical Power Apps

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @Automate2create ,

Here is a good video from @RezaDorrani on the process.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Hi @WarrenBelz 

This is a great starting point for me, I've followed it through but when I apply the principle to my gallery, it only allows me to check and uncheck the tickbox, the first field on the left remains uneditable.

Do you have any ideas why this is?  Would you need to see the way the collection is created?

Automate2create_0-1651405320314.png

Hi @Automate2create ,

I am a little confused - any element can be edited by simply having a text box instead of the label you have. Here is another video also from @RezaDorrani explaining it a different way.

Automate2create
Helper II
Helper II

The penny has dropped!  Thanks that has worked!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Super User 2 - 2022 Congratulations

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022 - Season 2 has kicked off!

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Users online (3,099)