cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Arcisze
Regular Visitor

Editing a row in a Sharepoint List using Power Apps Gallery.

Hello,  I am working on a project and want to find the best way to have users be able to edit a Sharepoint list using the PowerApps app I created.  I currently have a Sharepoint List named: "GSI Backup Engines Info" that I have been updating myself and let users add to it using my app.  However, I now want to add in a feature that would allow them to make edits to the list using the app.  The main idea is if a user enters in incorrect information I want them to be able to change it.  Here is my Gallery Form that I am using and the correspoinding List:  gsi gallery.PNGsharepoint list.PNG

I would like a user to be able to select an entry from that gallery and then edit parts of it.  Ideally this would then be reflected in the Sharepoint List as well as the Gallery after the change is made.  

Any guidance would be appreciated.  Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Arcisze ,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Do you want to edit the selected item in your Gallery, and then save the changes back to your SP list ('GSI Backup Engines Info')?

Based on the needs that you mentioned, I think the Edit form control could achieve your needs.

On your side, you could consider take a try to add a Edit screen (EditScreen1) in your app, within the Edit screen, add a Edit form control (Form1), connect this Edit form control to your SP list (set DataSource property of Edit form to 'GSI Backup Engines Info'). 

Set the Item property of the Edit form (Form1) to following:

Gallery3_1.Selected  /* <-- Gallery3_1 represents the Gallery control within your Screen5 */

within the Edit screen, add a "Submit" button, set the OnSelect property to following:

SubmitForm(Form1)

Within the Gallery3_1 (in your Screen5), set the OnSelect property of the "Edit" icon button to following:

EditForm(Form1);Navigate(EditScreen1, ScreenTransition.Fade)

Please also check and see if the following video would help in your scenario:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yT4gGVunU0o

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
LRVinNC
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

It looks like you have already included an edit icon in your gallery to select the item you wish to edit. The OnSelect of that icon needs to be set to navigate to a new screen which is the edit page for a single engine. That page will include a form connected to your Sharepoint list. Each column you want to update will be included on the form and in the Update property of the form you will link it to the datacard which contains the edited value. Here's a series of images depicting a similar scenario where I allow users to edit milestones.

Here's the gallery with the edit icon...

Project.png

Clicking on the edit icon executes a Navigate...   

Project3.png

which takes you to the edit screen... 

Project2.png

The edit form (EditMilestone) contained on the MilestoneEdit screen is connected to the Sharepoint list Milestones  and the form includes a datacard for each column in the SP list I want the user to be able to update...

Project5.png

So for example , the Activity/Milestone datacard is connected to the SP list column Title via the Datafield ("Title") and is instructed to get the data to update this with from DataCardValue14.Text (the box underneath Activity/Milestone).  The existing value of Title is shown in the DataCard because I have Default set to ThisItem.Title. (ThisItem meaning the item I selected in the gallery and Title being the specific column I want to show).

project4.png

Hope this helps.

LRVinNC

LRVinNC

------------------
Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.
v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Arcisze ,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Do you want to edit the selected item in your Gallery, and then save the changes back to your SP list ('GSI Backup Engines Info')?

Based on the needs that you mentioned, I think the Edit form control could achieve your needs.

On your side, you could consider take a try to add a Edit screen (EditScreen1) in your app, within the Edit screen, add a Edit form control (Form1), connect this Edit form control to your SP list (set DataSource property of Edit form to 'GSI Backup Engines Info'). 

Set the Item property of the Edit form (Form1) to following:

Gallery3_1.Selected  /* <-- Gallery3_1 represents the Gallery control within your Screen5 */

within the Edit screen, add a "Submit" button, set the OnSelect property to following:

SubmitForm(Form1)

Within the Gallery3_1 (in your Screen5), set the OnSelect property of the "Edit" icon button to following:

EditForm(Form1);Navigate(EditScreen1, ScreenTransition.Fade)

Please also check and see if the following video would help in your scenario:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yT4gGVunU0o

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

That seemed to work perfectly for me.  Thanks for the response.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,363)