cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Visitor

Editing a sharepoint list through my power app

Hi All

I am having a question concerning the editing of my data source(sharepoint list) through my Power App.

The app I am deploying is a stock inventory app for a client of ours. In this app they have a great overview of their inventory.

However, my support team sometimes needs to add/edit records to the data source(Sharepoint list).

Is it best practice to create an extra page (if possible only visible to certain users or with extra login verification) for editing the list or do i have to create a seperate app?

At the moment we always edit in the Sharepoint interface but I am trying to see if I can make it more efficiënt.

I'm pretty new to PowerApps btw.

Thank you in advance & kind regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

You can do it either way, but I would probably just add another screen to the existing app.  You can determine who the user is during the App OnStart and either show them the special screen to add/edit or the regular user screen.  

You can determine the current user with User().Email) and then test against one or more emails and Navigate to the correct page.

LRVinNC

------------------
Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Super User
Super User

You can do it either way, but I would probably just add another screen to the existing app.  You can determine who the user is during the App OnStart and either show them the special screen to add/edit or the regular user screen.  

You can determine the current user with User().Email) and then test against one or more emails and Navigate to the correct page.

LRVinNC

------------------
Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

Oh so basically if I do some research, it is possible to add a value to the 'OnStart' so that only a certain group of users can see the extra page? That would be awesome. 

I will definetly do some research then.

Thank you for your swift response in this matter! Great help!

Helpful resources

Announcements
News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call- January

Check out the Power Apps Community Call for January 2021

PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,591)