cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Editing a slow-loading app can break the studio editor if autosave is turned on

I thought I would post this in case it turns out to be of use for someone else. I've been building an app that is streadily getting more and more complex and as a result takes a little time to load up when trying to edit it in the studio. However, yesterday, I couldn't edit it at all and was faced with the scary prospect of possibly having to rebuild. However, this morning, I worked out what causes it -

If the app you are editing takes longer to load than the time set in your Autosave settings (File>Account), then the App tries to save before it's finished loading, causing the editor to break. So if the formula bar is greyed out and you can't add/remove screens etc., then this might be why. Simply turn off the Autosave option or amend the settings to give you a big enough time window for the app to load.

(I think there are some underlying data connectivity issues with the sources I'm using which could be causing the slow loading, so at least I can look into those separately now that I can actually work with the editor again!)

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Editing a slow-loading app can break the studio editor if autosave is turned on

Hi @John_P 

Do you have the issue now?

Could you please Refesh your Browser or change other Browsers to test?

I use Auto Save and don't have this issue.

Best Regards.

Yumia

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Editing a slow-loading app can break the studio editor if autosave is turned on

Yes, I still have the issue and it's across all browsers.

The autosave feature isn't necessarily a problem, but I just wanted to offer advice to other people that if their app is querying slow-loading data sources and the app takes longer than two minutes to load, then it will clash with the autosave settings. 🙂

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

@John_P do you run into similar issues when you are changing formulas?

I have an app that is steadily growing as well and now it seems every time a formula change is made it takes FOREVER to validate the formula.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

The app I built does have that issue too, yes - the intellisense part of the editor really struggles... not really sure why. One thing that might be worth trying is to minimise the left side windows as everything seems to run a tiny bit quicker if that pane isn't being displayed.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Very interesting.. The combination of these two factors(at least in the fifteen minutes since making the changes) has seemingly improved the performance quite a bit. I will continue to monitor and post back if I run into any further issues.

Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Demo-Extravaganza 2020 Winner Announced

Check it out!

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (11,696)