cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Editing\arranging a forms data cards when visibility property false

hi,

I have a number of data cards on a form. They have if() statements in there visibility property to determine if they will be visible or not. That works fine.

The problem I have is when Im working on the form, programming, I want all the data cards visible, so I can modify them. I cant unless I put code in visibilty porperty to set it to true while I edit/arrrange form. Makes it difficult to work on form.

This seems like a dumb question but Im stuck and cant find the answer. Keep wondering if Im in some sort of interactive programming edit mode where the form is semi running\functional.

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-monli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

You make all the fields visible while in Edit/New mode Form, and still use the If function for Visible property in Display Form. 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/functions/function-form

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Drrickryp
Super User
Super User

HI @Anonymous,

Put a button on the screen with the OnSelect property of UpdateContext({vis:!vis}).  // This gives you the option of setting a given card's Visibility property as vis and pressing the button will toggle the visibility on and off while you work on the screen, or, you can leave some of the cards Visibility as true if you aren't working on them.  When you are done, you can either change the Visibility property of each card back to true, or save yourself the effort and set the OnVisible property of the screen to UpdateContext({vis:true}) and get rid of the button.  

v-monli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

You make all the fields visible while in Edit/New mode Form, and still use the If function for Visible property in Display Form. 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/functions/function-form

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,398)