cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Editing gallery text inputs seems to stutter when entering characters

I set up a gallery, added some text inputs, and the data link is to a Azure sql database. 

Overall everything works as planned: I am able to add/edit/delete the rows in the gallery. 

The issue I'm having is frequently when I enter a text input and start typing, the characters are not being accepted. Sometimes it is necessary to click on the text input box several times to get the characters to be accepted and show in the text input. 

I have set up the onChange event of the text input to store the updated value in the Azure sql database. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @eColumbia99 ,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Do you mean that the Text Input box could not accept the character you entered from your keyboard in your Gallery?

Based on the needs that you mentioned, I have made a test on my side, and do not have the issue that you mentioned. Please make sure the Format property of the Text Input box is set to following:

TextFormat.Text

In addition, please consider remove the formula from the OnChange property of the TextInput box, instead, please add a "Save" icon inside your Gallery, set the OnSelect property to following:

Patch(
      '[dbo].[SQLTable]',
      Defaults('[dbo].[SQLTable]'),
      {
        Column1: TextInput1.Text,
        Column2: TextInput2.Text,
        Column3: TextInput3.Text,
      }
)

If the issue still exists, please consider re-create a new Gallery within your app, then try above solution again, check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @eColumbia99 ,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Do you mean that the Text Input box could not accept the character you entered from your keyboard in your Gallery?

Based on the needs that you mentioned, I have made a test on my side, and do not have the issue that you mentioned. Please make sure the Format property of the Text Input box is set to following:

TextFormat.Text

In addition, please consider remove the formula from the OnChange property of the TextInput box, instead, please add a "Save" icon inside your Gallery, set the OnSelect property to following:

Patch(
      '[dbo].[SQLTable]',
      Defaults('[dbo].[SQLTable]'),
      {
        Column1: TextInput1.Text,
        Column2: TextInput2.Text,
        Column3: TextInput3.Text,
      }
)

If the issue still exists, please consider re-create a new Gallery within your app, then try above solution again, check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Apps features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (57,490)