cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wymdm
Regular Visitor

Education License - Sharing Power Apps included?

Scenario: staff and students in an educational institution all have A1 licenses. I understand A1 includes the use of Power Apps. If a member of staff builds a canvas app with no premium connectors OR a Power Apps customised SharePoint form, does every user that this app (or SharePoint list) is shared with (as "users", not "owners")  require a per-user or per-app license, or can those users use the app with just their A1 license?

Secondly, is anyone aware of any upcoming changes later this year that means the answer will change?

@askondo @WarrenBelz  I am tagging you since you have answered a similar question previously here.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
timl
Super User III
Super User III

@wymdm 

Provided that the app has no premium connectors, all users in your tenant can access the app that are shared with them as "users" without requiring a per-user or per-app license.

I'm not aware of any upcoming licensing changes. However, since the A1 license is free, I think it would be prudent to prepare yourself for the possibility that they could be a charge at some future point in time.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
timl
Super User III
Super User III

@wymdm 

Provided that the app has no premium connectors, all users in your tenant can access the app that are shared with them as "users" without requiring a per-user or per-app license.

I'm not aware of any upcoming licensing changes. However, since the A1 license is free, I think it would be prudent to prepare yourself for the possibility that they could be a charge at some future point in time.

View solution in original post

v-yutliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @wymdm ,

Firstly, let me show your the differences between different licenses:

1)office license could only create and run apps that are connected with standard connectors.

2)powerapps standalone license(per app plan/per user plan) could create and run apps that are connected with standard connectors, premium connectors.

Premium connectors includes: CDS,SQL,gateway,....

Per app plan: could create and run only one app

Per user plan: could create and run multiple apps

Secondly, let us look into your issue.

You create an app which uses standard connector, so no matter the users or the creators all only needs office license.

To sum up, A1 license is enough to run this app.

I suggest you know more about licenses here:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/pricing-billing-skus

What's more, for now, I do not receive any notification about the changes of license.

So you do not need to worry about this temporarily.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
wymdm
Regular Visitor

Thanks folks - this is what I thought.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza Winner Announcement

Please join us on Wednesday, July 21st at 8a PDT. We will be announcing the Winners of the Demo Extravaganza!

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,673)