cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Element visibility misbehaving in Gallery

Hi All,

I've been working on this PowerApp where i have a button at the homescreen where onselect i form a collection called formCollection(with 36 items).

abhirajkulaar_0-1593106031579.png

As you can see each member of the collection has 3 properties- Title,Details and PhotoRequired.

Next i use this collection as input for a gallery

abhirajkulaar_1-1593106255435.png

here the each gallery item has a dropdown comment box and a add photo control.

and the title is displayed on top right of each item.

There is also a tick icon whose visibility is set as shown(dependent on dropdown and comment box), also it's color is set as--

abhirajkulaar_2-1593106416288.png

But a lot of times when i scroll down to items at the end(total 36) i see the tick visible even when the Visible condition for that item is false(i.e comment is empty or dropdown value is empty) e.g

abhirajkulaar_3-1593106632724.png

Please help out with the same or suggest and alternate approach to achieve the same.

Thanks in advanced.

5 REPLIES 5
the365bit
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi @Anonymous 

The easiest way for you to deal with that is by using the visibility property of your "tick" element, so whenever your dropdown or comment if you wish are empty the "tick" element won't show up.

the365bit_0-1593107385519.png

Let me know if it worked.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @the365bit,

I've something similar( check in photo 2). This issue is it works fine foe the first few items. But if i scroll down it starts misbehaving as shown.

The issue happens always for specific records or is completely random? Also, since you are using Len you might wanna use Trim for safety reasons, just in case there is any white space going on there.

So instead of And(Len(TextInput3.Text)>0, Len(Dropdown1.SelectedText.Value)>0) try And(Trim(Len(TextInput3.Text))>0, Len(Dropdown1.SelectedText.Value)>0)

Anonymous
Not applicable

It's completely random actually but happens after the first few(4-5) items. I select the first dropdown, enter comment for first few(works fine) and then the next item has the tick visible for no reason. Tried trim as well still the same.

After experimenting it seems to only give issue if the first one is filled(i.e comment and dropdown are slected.).

Hi @Anonymous 

If it works with Record A sometimes and some times it doesn't seems like a odd platform behaviour I'm assuming you already tried the whole save/close/open the aplication again/close your browser/ and all of that?

Also, the behavior happens when you are inside the powerapp studio as well as when you are playing the app already published?  

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Super User 2 - 2022 Congratulations

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022 - Season 2 has kicked off!

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Government Carousel

New forum: GCC, GCCH, DoD - Federal App Makers (FAM)

In response to the unique and evolving requirements of the United States public sector, Microsoft has created Power Apps US Government.

Users online (2,126)