cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rebeccak
Helper III
Helper III

Email Guest users from within the app with no authentication of the connector

I have an app that is shared with guest users. I would like to be able to within the app send an email to the signed in user without requiring them to login upon startup to the email connector. None of the users have an outlook account and using the gmail connector presents a problem, as it asks to give Microsoft permission to read, delete, move emails etc....  I do not want the users to have to sign in upon startup to the connectors. 

I would like them to view the app push a button and receive an email from the admin. Example:

Subject: Thank you

Body: Thank you for exploring with us.  Respectfully, The Admin Team

How can i accomplish this?  This is very important for my project. 

5 REPLIES 5
mdevaney
Super User
Super User

@Rebeccak 

The workaround here is to PATCH the email contents to a SharePoint list (To, Subject, Body, CC, etc.).  Then write a Flow in MS Automate that triggers whenever a new record is inserted into that table.  After that, the Flow can be directed to send an email from any email address you wish (I assume you have a generic one setup for companywide notifications).

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

KrishnaV
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @Rebeccak ,

Nope to best of my knowledge that is not possible you have to provide access that is required.

I hope this resolved your issue if you see any challenge/need further help please let me know I am always happy to do it for my community.

Regards,
KrishnaV
Business Applications MVP, Microsoft Certified Trainer
Twitter | Linkedin | YouTube | GitHub
If this post helps you give a and if it solved your issue consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members / new members of the community.

How would the flow be written though?  You would have to use a connector of some sort right?  Then if you do the user would have to accept  that upon start up. 

Nevermind I understand what you did. I am testing it now to see if I can get it to work. Thank you

@Rebeccak 
You would need to use the SharePoint connector.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,946)