Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
keyboardWrench
Helper III
Helper III

Email String Read by Filter as Office365Users.UserProfileV2

Hi, 

I have an email column in SharePoint with data property as string will it be possible for my filter to read this as a Office365Users.UserProfileV2.  Goal is to show this as Display name in my drop down, is this even possible?

Any guides & ideas will be appreciated.

17 REPLIES 17

Hi @RandyHayes,

Both PersonDropDownColAll and PersonDropDownCol are colletions. These collection contains below:

PersonDropDownCol, {Result: "All Users"} and I added this to my PersonDropDownColALL so that this will be the first item in my dropbox.

My GalleryDataCol is basically my collection from Source SharePoint list.

Yes, I am trying to populate the dropdown with the display names of users in the gallery.

@keyboardWrench 

Excellent...almost there.  One final question then (actually two).  What is the name of your Gallery and what is the name of the column in your Gallery (the datasource field name) that contains the User?  (okay three questions) And to be clear, the column that contains the user is a single email address?

Please clarify any of the above.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too!

Hi @RandyHayes ,

My gallery name is 'Department Activity List' that pass to my GalleryDataCol. The field or column name is Users and columns contains two or more email address separated by ";" no spaces.

@keyboardWrench 

Sorry for delay...trying to catch up on all the posts.  Are you still experiencing issues that you need help with?

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

Hi @RandyHayes , yes I am still not able to figure this out.

RandyHayes
Super User III
Super User III

@keyboardWrench 

Wow...SO sorry to drop this again.  I handle so many posts on this forum and they get lost on me sometimes.  Yours slipped by me again.  

Are you still stuck on this?  If so, post back and I will make sure it goes to my priority list.

Hi Randy, yeah I am still stuck on this. Currently I am showing email text in my gallery (from my SharePoint). I wish I will be able to show this as O365 Name and Last Name.

RandyHayes
Super User III
Super User III

@keyboardWrench 

So where are we on this?  We were originally trying to set a Dropdown list.  Is that still the case?  You mention now something a bit different - "show O365 Name and Last Name".

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

PA Community Call

Power Apps Community Call

Next call is happening on April 21st at 8a PST.

secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (72,864)