Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CircleMi
Helper I
Helper I

Email notification issue of approval from Multi approvers

Hoping I got support here.

When I created an approval workflow that requires everyone (all assigned approvers) to agree, but any approver can reject the entire request, the process works good.

But this issue happened on email (I use Office 365 Outlook Send an email (V2) action), if Approver A approved and Approver B rejected, the OUTCOME is Reject. I expected to have one email about this rejection to the reqeuster. But the requester received 2 emails with one template, one from Approve of A and another from Reject of B. I tried Filter Array, but it did not work.

Thanks for your support in advance.

CircleMi

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @CircleMi ,

Just as I mentioned before, you must make sure the "Send an email (V2)" action outside the "Apply to each" action.

For the Condition action in your flow, I think there is something issue there. Please type "Outcome" dynamic content there rather than "Responses" dynamic content there:

5.JPG

If you want to include Approver name, each Approver response within your email, please consider add a "Create Html Table" action to organize your output, then type the Output of the "Create Html Table" action into your "Send an email (V2)" action:

6.JPG

Please configure your flow as above screenshot, then the issue would be fixed.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @CircleMi ,

Could you please share a bit more about your flow's configuration?

Do you add your "Send an email (V2)" action within a "Apply to each" action?

I have made a test on my side, and don't have the issue that you mentioned. The flow's configuration as below:

3.JPG

Of course, if you also want to include the comment from the individual approver in your email, I think the "Select" action could achieve your needs. Please configure your flow as below:

4.JPG

Note: Please make sure the "Send an email (V2)" action is not added within a "Apply to each" action in your flow.

Please consider take a try with above solution, then check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

As I have added a Condition before Email send, and I found 'Apply to each' appeared when I added Approver attribute.

Here is the flow, Sorry for the few Chinese information.

2020-05-29 17_23_04-Clipboard.jpg

Hi @CircleMi ,

Just as I mentioned before, you must make sure the "Send an email (V2)" action outside the "Apply to each" action.

For the Condition action in your flow, I think there is something issue there. Please type "Outcome" dynamic content there rather than "Responses" dynamic content there:

5.JPG

If you want to include Approver name, each Approver response within your email, please consider add a "Create Html Table" action to organize your output, then type the Output of the "Create Html Table" action into your "Send an email (V2)" action:

6.JPG

Please configure your flow as above screenshot, then the issue would be fixed.

Best regards,

Thanks a lot. It works really nice.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,073)