- Embedded Canvas App in Dynamics on Quote entity
- There is a lot of whitespace below the app
- App Settings: (unfortunately in german because I didn't figure out yet how to set the language to english)
- How it looks in the system. Watch teh scrollbar of the browser to see that there is a lot of whitespace.
- Settings on the Quote Form:
- "Hide Default Control: True"
- One Column Tab, One Column Section
- Issue now is that when the browser gets bigger, the App will not fit on the screen anymore because it expands using the whitespace below
- You cannot see the "Add to Quote" Button anymore:
What I want:
- I would like my app to scale in regards to screensize, but only to the maximum that it still fits on the page.
- I assume that the settings are correct in general and that the app only expands beyong the screen because of the whitespace
I am not sure that i fully understood you.
I did the following: I added another embedded Canvas App on the same Form on the same tab.
Lets call this App "App 2".
When App 2 is below App 1 the whitespace is between those 2 apps, so it seems the whitespace is introduced by App 1.
If I add regular Dynamics fields between the apps, it is basically the same behavior, the field is below the whitespace of App 1.
I created a new Tab and added my initial App in my DEV environment and added the app there again and this Tab doesn't have the issue?
But even this tab has the issue that it sizes bigger than the browser when its big.
I feel that it gets bigger than the browser, when the App tries to keep its relative ratio of 16:9.
So it always uses full Width of the Window and then Scales the height accordingly to 16:9.
I tried experimenting with App.DesignWidth/Height App.Width/Height or Screen1.Size etc.
And also tried changing the Height and Width parameter of the Screen but it seems that this is overwritten by the App settings...
Am a little clueless...
Yes. No whitespace for that App it seems.
Also adding my App to a new Tab didnt give whitespace ONE time. Then I did it a second time and there is whitespace again?
But even on the Tab where there was no Whitespace my App scaled too much and wasnt fully visible. So I assume it is not a whitespace issue.
I think it has to do with the way it resizes the 16:9 format. It takes whole Screen Width and then adjusts the height pixels to be correct 16:9 format. But it doesn't check that the height is bigger than the "max size without a scrollbar".
What ratio would you suggest for an embedded app?
I actually feel that 16:9 fits quite good.
What I want is basically: Autosize On, Ratio Fix, but MAX width = XXXX pixels.
But when I change the Width function of the Screen it seems it is overwritten.
Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!
Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.
Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021
Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights