cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Embedded Canvas App: Get User Setting and Display Number fields with Currency formatting

Hi,

could someone help me out, how I am able to access the user which opens a Canvas App integrated into Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement?

If I get the user, then I should somehow be able to get the personalization settings to get their formatting preferences?

I could then format the currency fields related to their settings.

So:

1) How do I get the accessing / logged in user?

2) How do I get the settings for this user?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Re: Embedded Canvas App: Get User Setting and Display Number fields with Currency formatting

Hi @Serf ,

There are two built-in setting relating to the user - User().FullName and User().Email.

You would need some sort of reference list to then set the desired experience.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Re: Embedded Canvas App: Get User Setting and Display Number fields with Currency formatting

Hi @Serf ,

There are two built-in setting relating to the user - User().FullName and User().Email.

You would need some sort of reference list to then set the desired experience.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Thanks!

To answer 2) aswell:

https://your-url.crm.dynamics.com/api/data/v9.1/usersettingscollection(systemuser GUID)

This request / entity gets you the user settings for a given systemuser that is passed.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're excited to announce our first cross-community 'Can You Solve These?' challenge!

secondImage

Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

secondImage

Super Users Coming in August

We are excited for the next Super User season.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,432)