cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shbia

Embedded Canvas App w/ Dynamics CE - Stuck on "Getting your data ..."

Good morning everyone,

I've read all documentation multiple times, and tried this across multiple environments with the same result.

I follow the procedure to add a control to a form in Dynamics (Canvas app), I then click "customize" button which brings up powerapps studio with the default cards/forms for editing on the form.  I add a simple button also.  I save, publish.  The first thing that I noticed that does not happen, which should happen according to the documentation, is the "App ID" autopopulating on the CRM side.  Since that doesn't happen, I just find the ID myself (via details) and add it manually.  Form is then saved and published.  When I go to the form, I can see the button I added and none of the default cards/forms just a "Getting your data ...".  It's basically like it's rendering the form correctly (as I see the button) in Dynamics, but there's no connection between the two, even though I have supplied the correct AppID in the canvas app settings on the control.

Any ideas?  Thank you!

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on August 17, 2022 at 8am PDT.

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Users online (1,560)