cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nvrhughes
Frequent Visitor

Embedded Canvas App with Multiple DataSources

I have an embedded canvas app on an opportunity form that is working as expected.

I also need to add this same app to the lead form and display the same data.

Since the ModelDrivenFormIntegration datasource is set to Opportunity, it isnt finding the field data since I am on a Lead record. 

Is there a way to set the datasource to multiple entities? I added the following logic and didnt get an error (screen shot), but I cant seem to reference any fields within the app without getting an error.

After "Item" the only option is "Value", and then I can add the field names. Before adding the second entity to the data source, the following logic worked fine: [@ModelDrivenFormIntegration].Item.FieldName

See attached screen shots. 

1 REPLY 1
PowerAddict
Super User
Super User

Hi @nvrhughes,

To the best of my knowledge, an embedded canvas app cannot have more than one data source (I mean you add other tables but it can get contextual information only from one data source). That being said, you should explore custom canvas pages. You could do much more with them. Let me know if you need more details. 

---
If you like this reply, please give kudos (Thumbs Up). And if this solves your problem, please mark this reply as a solution by selecting Accept as Solution. This makes it easier for others to find answers to similar questions. 

Thanks!

Hardit Bhatia

Microsoft Business Applications MVP

Microsoft Certified Trainer MCT

Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn | Facebook | YouTube  |  Email

Helpful resources

Announcements
Super User 2 - 2022 Congratulations 768x460.png

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022 - Season 2 has kicked off!

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

<
Users online (4,972)